Surviving Minnesota!

Yesterday we took the bulls up to L quarter. We were originally going to take them back to the house and trailer them, but they were at the far end of there pasture so we trailed them. I was riding Sneaks, and she did a lot better then on branding. I kept her trotting the whole time so that was probably why. Once we got them out to the pasture my dad, who was in the pickup with my mom and older sister, had me go check fence in some areas, and check cows, since the pickup can't get in half the areas of this pasture. Riding back was bad. I thought cause she'd trotted 2 miles already it'd be fine. Nope, we had to trot all the way home, so we trotted 4 miles. She was a sweaty horse at the end. We were going to start haying today but last year we lent a neighbor our stack maker and he kinda broke it and didn't say anything, he agreed to pay for half of whatever it costs to fix it or buy a new one. This week we've got a huge change coming to our house. I'm kinda excited but at the same time not

Holmes's the outer rings of the chicken are the best. The rest is too woody/stringy. You won't like it as much.

That's why I like the young chickens. It seems I always find the older ones where you have to cut off the outside ridge for being dry and the inside as you said is always tough.

I need to make a trip and go out looking for oysters soon.

How do you fix your chicken? I am thinking there must be a better way than I do it.

Good morning everyone! I was outside yesterday dodging the rain drops trying to get some pics of all my plants (searching for edibles like Highbush Cranberry, Service Berry, Hazelnut, etc..) I found a tree with some beautiful flowers and rough shaggy bark but I am unable to identify it? Can anyone tell me what it might be?
unknown1.jpg
unknown1B.jpg

Here is a few of the Shrooms we saw yesterday. This woods is PACKED with many different fungi! We didn't pick all the chicken. Figured we would leave it for someone else or the bugs will get it... I did find Oysters (I think) but bugs got to them.

Ralphie I wrapped one of this Yellow ones in a grocery bag and took it so I could get you some pics of the stalk and gills. Next spring we are going to make sure to go out there and find some Morrels.

These Chickens were found and they don't feel woody at all but we will see. They did have a little excess water in them but we set up a fan on them and they are fine.
IMG_4730.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG
IMG_4736.JPG
IMG_4738.JPG
IMG_4740.JPG
IMG_4741.JPG
IMG_4743.JPG
IMG_4744.JPG
IMG_4746.JPG
IMG_4748.JPG
IMG_4754.JPG
IMG_4760.JPG
IMG_4763.JPG
IMG_4774.JPG
IMG_4778.JPG

Good morning everyone! I was outside yesterday dodging the rain drops trying to get some pics of all my plants (searching for edibles like Highbush Cranberry, Service Berry, Hazelnut, etc..) I found a tree with some beautiful flowers and rough shaggy bark but I am unable to identify it? Can anyone tell me what it might be?
View attachment 1047117 View attachment 1047118
I believe we have those here. I will take a look and let you know if that is what I think it is lol. I don't know the. Name but my grandpa would. I know they are poisonous and usually have a red or orange berry on them.

Thanks ejb I think that's it!! Hopefully it will have a nice smell then when the flowers open all the way. I never saw it until yesterday...it's down by the river.

That's why I like the young chickens. It seems I always find the older ones where you have to cut off the outside ridge for being dry and the inside as you said is always tough.

I need to make a trip and go out looking for oysters soon.

How do you fix your chicken? I am thinking there must be a better way than I do it.

Butter, salt pepper, garlic salt. Or I did garlic chives on it one time...It was good. I will say and not to be opposite all the time with you, LOL ... But I liked mine dehydrated out a bit more and not as juicy. Although it was more tender that way. I also found it really sponged up the butter alot!

Holm if ever you are looking for more ovations just get that camera uploading. LOL. Jeez kiddo. You take some good photos!

Thanks Siggie!

BC thank you! These are all from my Iphone. I haven't brought the camera out since last winter. I figure if my phone can take half decent ones and I can put it in my pocket I might as well use that instead of lugging a big camera around.

Back
Top Bottom