Texas

I know it's been high 80s or 90 on Christmas day.
Ah, yes! Sending Christmas Day BBQ pictures of you wearing shorts and drinking a cold beverage to your snow bound relatives in the great white north. You know, Dallas.

I have mowed my yard on Christmas week because it needed it. My Kansas relatives sent me pictures of their driveway, but it was all whited out. I wonder what they were trying to hide.

:lau :lau :lau

I hope this is the right place to post. I tried posting under quail, and I was told to post here instead.

Where can I find a companion button quail for my widowed boy?

The mate of my button quail Penney died last week, and he's been depressed ever since. I am looking for a female button quail for him, but it's been extremely difficult.

The breeders local to me (New Braunfels, TX) have all stopped raising button quail, so I can no longer get one locally. I have tried looking on Craigslist and Facebook, but the replies I have gotten seem scammy at best, and they're also a 7 - 11hr drive. The others are only selling entire flocks of 20 - 30 birds.

I would appreciate any help or leads regarding finding a female button quail in the Austin - San Antonio, TX area. Just one bird, not a flock of 20+ birds, please. What can be done in the meantime to comfort a button quail in mourning?

I hope this is the right place to post. I tried posting under quail, and I was told to post here instead.

Where can I find a companion button quail for my widowed boy?

The mate of my button quail Penney died last week, and he's been depressed ever since. I am looking for a female button quail for him, but it's been extremely difficult.

The breeders local to me (New Braunfels, TX) have all stopped raising button quail, so I can no longer get one locally. I have tried looking on Craigslist and Facebook, but the replies I have gotten seem scammy at best, and they're also a 7 - 11hr drive. The others are only selling entire flocks of 20 - 30 birds.

I would appreciate any help or leads regarding finding a female button quail in the Austin - San Antonio, TX area. Just one bird, not a flock of 20+ birds, please. What can be done in the meantime to comfort a button quail in mourning?
No buttons here, sorry.

You may not have good luck adding one bird anyways...they may not get along.

Theres a texas quail Facebook page that sells buttons, you do have to ask to join. You may want to check there. I got my quails from a seller on there, conturnix though. There are sellers on there who sell buttons. Offer more money if you are going to buy one bird that way they don’t see it as a waste of their time. I would atleast buy two just in case something else happens. Good luck!

I have a cat that needs a new home. She doesn't like other cats, and is possibly pregnant.
IMG_20230818_174808058.jpg

(Photo taken a couple months ago when she gave us a surprise litter)
She is super sweet but just extra hormonal since having babies and she would do better somewhere that didn't have other cats. I haven't seen her go into heat yet so she may not be pregnant, but her last heat was silent and I didn't catch it so that's how we ended up with kittens.
I'm in east/central Texas.

I have a cat that needs a new home. She doesn't like other cats, and is possibly pregnant.
View attachment 3668990
(Photo taken a couple months ago when she gave us a surprise litter)
She is super sweet but just extra hormonal since having babies and she would do better somewhere that didn't have other cats. I haven't seen her go into heat yet so she may not be pregnant, but her last heat was silent and I didn't catch it so that's how we ended up with kittens.
I'm in east/central Texas.
I hope you find her a good home! She's beautiful!

I hope you find her a good home! She's beautiful!
I hope I find a good home for her too! She really is pretty, and she was sweet to the other cats up until now.
She and another rescue were too sick to be spayed when I got them, so two cats ending up pregnant was unintentional (I try to crate them when they show signs of being in heat), and the aftermath has been unpleasant. Too many mommas getting territorial and hurting other innocent cats.
If it wasn't for a series of unfortunate events I would definitely keep her. She's so chill. I could probably clip her toenails without even wrapping her in a towel😄

Back
Top Bottom