The Honey Factory

I think I might be. Not by choice.

I looked in them today. Both hives have brood. But the one has no eggs. Some of the brood are pretty small. And not covered. But I would have felt better had I seen eggs or a gob of yellow paint.
If it were not for bad luck you would have no luck at all . I have had good luck with swarm traps . You should try it . :D

Black locust flow is a winner this year!

IMG_20220603_090116201_HDR.jpg

Checked my hive, well, only the super, yesterday. My smoker’s lid is stuck shut so I couldn’t use it. Plus it was looking like it was going to start raining at any moment.
The super has been on for 2 or 3 weeks (I was afraid it was going to be full up, so was checking to see if I needed to add a 2nd). Much to my surprise there was nothing much going on in it! There were 20 or so bees on each frame but no real comb being drawn much less any honey or pollen.
Not sure what is going on. Can’t really get into the brood boxes until I can get my smoker open or go buy a new one.
I doubt this is enough information for anyone to be able to help me but. 🤷‍♀️

Checked my hive, well, only the super, yesterday. My smoker’s lid is stuck shut so I couldn’t use it. Plus it was looking like it was going to start raining at any moment.
The super has been on for 2 or 3 weeks (I was afraid it was going to be full up, so was checking to see if I needed to add a 2nd). Much to my surprise there was nothing much going on in it! There were 20 or so bees on each frame but no real comb being drawn much less any honey or pollen.
Not sure what is going on. Can’t really get into the brood boxes until I can get my smoker open or go buy a new one.
I doubt this is enough information for anyone to be able to help me but. 🤷‍♀️
If you warm up the lid you can get it open.
I open my smoker after I use it, to let it completely cool before I store it. You could leave the lid loose and not pressed down while storing too.

Last edited:
If you warm up the lid you can get in open.
I open my smoker after I use it, to let it completely cool before I store it. You could leave the lid loose and not pressed down while storing too.
Mine is so crusted up I end up leaving it open most the time.. and barely shut when I am using it.

Back
Top Bottom