The Old Folks Home

I dislike ants. They're such a pain once they get started somewhere. I also dislike raccoons. (Even though they "look" cute)

We were pulling the tractor to the dealership today, about an hour travel...and I saw an adult coon with two fair sized offspring cross the road in front of us at the neighbors...and I saw a coon on the road about 15 miles away. In broad daylight! I never see that.
rant.gif ....raccoons!

I have traps set in the barn for raccoons/foxes/skunks...but something keeps eating my marshmallows without setting them off.

I hope this is OK, I read up to the end in case he had posted it already.
@ronott1 could you please post your pizza dough recipe if you don't mind?
We occasionally make homemade pizza, but I'm not liking the pre made crusts.
Yes!
You can skip the herbs if you want; the crust will still be great:

Pizza with Herb Crust

For two Pizzas:

2 cups water, 105 degrees
3 tbl olive oil
2 pckt. Yeast
2 tsp salt
1 tsp dry basil
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sugar
Flour to make slightly sticky dough, 5 to 6 cups approximately.

Heat the water. Combine dry ingredients in bowl. Add water and let sit for 5 min. Add oil and then begin adding the flour. Stir until stiff and then begin kneading. Continue adding flour until dough is ready and then kneed about 5 minutes.

Split the dough into two balls and put each ball into a gallon size zip lock bag. Leave out on a counter or table until ready to make pizza, all day or at least two hours. If started the day before, leave in the refrigerator.

Dough will be deflated, so let it fall out of the bag onto a floured board. I roll it out with a rolling pin and then onto a greased pizza pan and then push the dough to the edges to fill out the pan.

Sauce, cheese and topping of your choice. Bake at 550 degrees until the top is brown and bubbly.

Good luck on everyone's hatching! Good luck with the pip Ron! Micro, your DH sounds like my DH...lol. I've hatched the eggs that sat out cold for 12 hours when the guys cleaned the coop. And I still can't believe that I hatched a chick from the eggs that were sat on by Chewbacca and her keet for almost week, put in a pail and left for 2.5 days and then put back in heat in the incubator. I'm trying to explain how amazing this is and DH isn't having any of it. In his words..."It just means more chickens." View attachment 1066348
I'm like View attachment 1066349 :yesss::woot and he's like View attachment 1066351 View attachment 1066353 View attachment 1066354
But then he brings four eggs home from a smashed nest last night. :th
View attachment 1066358I'm assuming dux? :confused: View attachment 1066361
:barnieWhich I forgot to put in the incubator until later today. :he
I candled tonight & I'm going to have 4 somethings in a couple of days. View attachment 1066357View attachment 1066357 View attachment 1066357 View attachment 1066357
They're just about ready to hatch.View attachment 1066356
The End.

Brought to you by EMOJI STORIES.
What a story!

I hope they hatch for you! I have one out this morning, it looks like a splash. A black or blue chick is zipping and there are several more pips. I have 11 in there and they were shipped so you never know.

Morning All!!

SCG! Wouldn't think of sending you away, girl! Just teasing. Sounds as though you have been a busy lady. I love strawberry anything but unfortunately I have to watch the intake due to what else? An allergy to strawberries. I even planted a strawberry bed this year that is badly in need of being weeded. Yeah, I'm a sucker for punishment.

Egg watch. The #1 egg is no longer showing veining so I'm hoping it will pip and hatch soon. #2 egg is showing decreased movement in the embryo and some veining yet and #3 egg which is a day behind #2 egg is just be bopping around in it's little shell having a great time. Will probably be handing seed in the shell to that one as it no intentions of coming out anytime soon.

@pam s, I make my own pizza crust also. Simple recipe. 2 1/4 tsp of yeast, 1 2/3 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar and 2/3 cup warm water. Mix until it forms a soft ball, then roll out onto your your pizza pan. Top with your favorite toppings and bake at 500 degrees for 12 to 15 min. Yummmmmmm.

They mowed, and baled hay in the field across the driveway yesterday. It was fun to watch, but today my allergies are going insane.

When we get a lot of rain here, the ants seek higher ground. Not often, but occasionally we get a few ants that come up through the bathtub drain. Dh went nuts today. Grabbed the Comet cleanser, and went to town. That was a good thing, BUT he also grabbed a pool chlorine tablet, and proceeded to dissolve some of it, and wash it down the drain. NOT good. Then he put the remainder of the tablet in the toilet tank. REALLY NOT good. We have a septic tank.

I printed out a guide for him on the care, and maintenance on septic systems, especially the list of what not to put down the drains. It's not like I haven't told him this before. He knows I pour oils, and grease out, and wipe the pan before washing them, so as not to get any buildup in the septic system. I've commented several times that I was surprised the house had a garbage disposal, with a septic system, but I'm a bit careful about what, and how much I put in it. Well, he read the guide, asked some questions, and hopefully it will sink in.

I talked to my septic guy once as to why no garbage disposal on septic tanks. He said Oh you can have them but it doubles the size of your septic system... I actually prefer not to have one I never use it any way.

deb

aaaaapple butttter..... :drool

aaaaapple butttter..... :sick :oops:

I talked to my septic guy once as to why no garbage disposal on septic tanks. He said Oh you can have them but it doubles the size of your septic system... I actually prefer not to have one I never use it any way.

deb

Typically the garbage disposal is under the sink vice on the septic tank :eek: Why would you prefer to not have &/or use the septic system? I guess a tree or bush in the great outdoors is workable, but in town, what about the neighbors? :lau :oops:

(OK, sorry, couldn't resist... just one of those days I guess) I know...:smack

DW just messaged me and said another chick hatching. That makes three now in four days Lol.
Tried to get the first one to stay with mamma and it's siblings but it didn't want anything to do with them, and we didn't even handle the chick when it hatched. Ohh well.. at least it has had some friends to hang out with now.

Back
Top Bottom