The Waltons or Little House On The Prairie?

I love both but The Waltons was my dream life. The 40's , the depression, the crickets chirping,and the aroma of a summer night, no air conditioning, large family, front porch, back porch, Granny and Grampa, the women's clothes.....
In NY, I tried to decorate my house in 40's country style. I did pretty good, down to a dining room set from the 40's I got at an auction. When I moved to Florida, I had to change my decor, but wanted something similar and ended up the "Pottery Barn" look, etc.
My daughter and I shared Anne of Green Gables for years.
As for Little House, I got to the point where the minute it started I would well up with tears. Had to stop watching. Especially the episode where Laura goes searching for God, (I already have a lump in my throat). Gotta stop

I grew up in the suburbs of Washington DC. The TV prohibition was strictly religious.

I watched one episode of Little House with my kids though about two years ago. They loved the books too. I made them read The Long Winter when they were complaining about dinner for the fifth night in a row. I can't say it made them stop complaining, but they fell in love with the series, and then read the rest of the books. Even my son who is more the Harry Potter/ Sci-Fi type.

I've never seen a single episode of The Waltons, Brady Bunch, Leave It To Beaver, I Love Lucy etc. I don't know if I've missed anything or not. My biggest problem now is it's hard for me to sit still long enough to watch much of anything on TV. I have to be really engaged or I just can't stand not doing anything for that long.

Little House hands down, lol. I have seen every episode and you can ask me anything about the show and I would know the answer. I can't wait to read the books to my 2 daughters.

LHOTP! I know every epidsode by heart. I even have the entire collection on VHS as well as DVD. Hallmark carries the series twice a day. I don't watch tv hardly at all, but if I'm not busy or working, then the show is on. I remember watching it when I was little. My mom was very strict about the tv and my sister and were very limited to what we could watch. Monday nights at 7pm on NBC was when it came on. We would sit and watch it while our mom put those pink, soft foamy curlers in our hair. I even purchased Pa's music on CD from the store down there. It has someone playing Pa's fiddle, and all the music that Laura spoke about in her books is on that CD. My youngest has the entire book collection in it's own sleeve and treasures them. We're not too far from Mansfield MO either where Laura and Almonzo lived at their Rockridge home. Seven hours to be exact.
big_smile.png

I loved little house! The only problem was almost every single time I watched it I cried. I guess I was an over emotional kid or something. I remember going to the theater to watch E.T. and being so embarrassed because I was crying.

We try to be as self suffcient as possible. I thank my husband for getting me out of the city and making me a real country girl. I love it out here and I will never go back.

peeps, I live in North Georgia. Not sure how far from Hilton Head mabey 8 hours or so. Here is a question though:

At Nellies restaraunt what was the most popular dish that was served?

Okay peeps, here is another question hopefully a bit harder for you:

The twins named Lindsay and Sidney Greenbush's real names were what?

and

What were the nicknames that Melissa Gilbert called the on the set?

I like the Waltons house.. and I always wanted grandparents.. but I like the storyline of the Little House best..

Isnt Lindsey and Sidney Greenbush Carries real names..

It was Mrs. Wipple.. a widow lady..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom