What are your thoughts on Greenfire Farms?

If they are an original importation, they are. Unless someone bypassed importation rules and snuck some eggs in.
I know a person who has brought eggs in on a company jet....some from Mexico and one time from Canada. These are the ones I know of but I feel certain there have been others.

I was gifted a couple chicks from one incident but wound up eating them. It's not a business for this person, but she uses the resultant stock to fortify her breeding program.

RISKY BUSINESS as far as I'm concerned.

I purchased Silverudd (Isbar s) from gff. I was pleased. They were not perfect. Some had visible flaws in coloring and combs, but all that is stated on their site as a possibility.
Like was posted earlier they are just a starting point into rare breeds it’s up to you to improve from there.
If they have a breed you want that is hard to find I would recommend them.

I just purchased 12 American Bresse chicks from Greenfire.

I'll probably get another dozen next Spring.

I love the birds and dont regret getting them. They sent 14 and I have 13. One passed day after shipment but the rest did great.

Way better deal than trying to get them shipped from France lol

I just purchased 12 American Bresse chicks from Greenfire.

I'll probably get another dozen next Spring.

I love the birds and dont regret getting them. They sent 14 and I have 13. One passed day after shipment but the rest did great.

Way better deal than trying to get them shipped from France lol

check out Cumberland creek farm in TN. They have GFF line Bresse for $6.

They have some I really want, like the Ayam Ketwa, but they don't ship to my zipcode since it's a dry ice route (whatever that means, even my post office didn't know).

If happily pay their asking price for that breed because I can't find anywhere else selling chicks. I have found ONE eBay add for 3 hatching eggs.

They have some I really want, like the Ayam Ketwa, but they don't ship to my zipcode since it's a dry ice route (whatever that means, even my post office didn't know).

If happily pay their asking price for that breed because I can't find anywhere else selling chicks. I have found ONE eBay add for 3 hatching eggs.
Being on a dry ice route means that your chicks would likely die enroute due to the gassing off of the dry ice as it warms.
Perhaps you could find someone not too far away on a non-dry ice route you could have the chicks shipped to where you could pick them up.
Where there is a will, there is always a way.

I just bought death layers and cream legbars. Chicks came today and look lively and healthy and they gave me 2 extra. they shipping schedule sucks. be prepared to take off work a full3 days to pick them up. they are not accommodating at all with shipping schedules and communication is really bad. they forgot to charge me for 2 chicks@ 99.00 each. I can't even get through to them to pay them.

Attachments

• 173535102_4485109614836029_6866313623473747432_n.jpg
    173535102_4485109614836029_6866313623473747432_n.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom