Why did I eat this?!?

That would be all areas. :p

Nattō falls under this category IMHO.
I love natto. I grew up eating it, though. I have some in the freezer right now, in fact.

Edit: One time when I was in Japan, my aunt splurged on a sushi bento for me. She was very happy when I ate it all since she thought that since I was raised in America I wouldn't eat the raw fish. It was delicious, though!

So does my Japanese-raised spouse. I’ve adapted to a lot, but I draw the line there. Some foods I won’t force myself to eat.
Fair enough. There are things that I would have a hard time eating. Bugs come to mind. I've eaten grasshopper cake and cricket chips, but I think I would have a hard time eating easily recognizable insects.

On that note, not even all Japanese like natto. My brother hated it.

Fair enough. There are things that I would have a hard time eating. Bugs come to mind. I've eaten grasshopper cake and cricket chips, but I think I would have a hard time eating easily recognizable insects.

True. The strangest thing I ate in Japan was raw snail. I’m not sure if anyone truly enjoys eating that, though…

Huh. And here I am, eating a bag of “assorted larvae” that I bought on Amazon. It’s got mealworms and other things. I try to get food grade crickets and mealworms for my flock, so we can have a snack together once in a while.

Nah. The French eat them smothered in butter and garlic. They're kind of rubbery, but don't taste like much by themselves.
Folks eat them that way in Korea too. Street vendors sell paper cones filled with snails seasoned with butter and I'm not sure what else. They have pointy triangular shells, and you'd find those shells all over the place on every street. It was a very popular food. As a kid, I'd collect the shells, and my mom would boil them to clean them up, and they became part of my shell collection.

Back
Top Bottom