Worming chickens with Zimecterin Gold

Um, don't you have to repeat this worming in 7 - 10 days? Does this kill the eggs too?

I wormed them with Wazine about 8 days ago. Not sure about killing the eggs but I do not think it does from what I recall reading in an article recently. I read the larva can live in the ground for up to seven years.

I can weigh a few of them and then estimate the rest of the flock. I'm not good with mg/kg. I'm old, didn't learn that in school back in the day. Do you mind converting to ounces :). Can I put that in water and if so, how many gallons per 50 lb increment? Thank you for your help.
Love this response - feel just like you!! No metrics!!

Love this response - feel just like you!! No metrics!!
God I love the internet . Type what you want to know and the answer comes back like magic .Just remember that 30 MLs or 30 CCs is a liquid once .The difference is such a tiny tiny bit forget it. Metric is all in hundreds and makes dosing easier. Since we are the US and just refuse to change . It makes it harder some times . So 30 Mls = 1 once 15 Mls =one half once 7.5 MLS =one quarter once 3.75 MLs=one eights once . Once you work out the dosage write it down, In your treatment logbook ,or on the bottle . So I have a question or two for our professors of chicken knowledge. Did I miss the fecal float recommendation? And at the price they are now charging for horse paste ,why aren't you folks working with injectable Ivermectin in drinking water ? I think a lot about going that way . I have to many birds to hand dose each one .:idunno

And at the price they are now charging for horse paste ,why aren't you folks working with injectable Ivermectin in drinking water ?
Two reasons... The injectable is not water soluble, or at least mine isn't, and the injectable does not contain praziquantel, and praziquantel is needed for tapeworms.

But for regular lice and some mites, injectable ivermectin is what I use.

Back
Top Bottom