2 week old chick labored breathing, gasping, lethargy

Update: she just ate the mash from a little teaspoon! Still not comfortable with her having free access to liquids yet though
What I use for the first few days until the scare of drowning is over is a small 4 oz glass pyrex bowl with marbles in it. A couple of days later, they learned how to drink from an inverted nipple bottle. Those are nice because they can't step in them and they don't get dirty.

It would be good if you can come up with something so she can get water whenever she wants.

What I use for the first few days until the scare of drowning is over is a small 4 oz glass pyrex bowl with marbles in it. A couple of days later, they learned how to drink from an inverted nipple bottle. Those are nice because they can't step in them and they don't get dirty.

It would be good if you can come up with something so she can get water whenever she wants.
I am right now offering a little bit of the watery mash in a shallow lid to see if she will take it herself. If she does I'll be so happy. Until she gets more strength I would want her filling up with only the mash, not pure water. The mash is practically nutritious water at this point

From Avatar… I love it!
She's standing up and eating on her own! I'm going to try wet pellets next and set up a little thing of water for her!

She's standing up and eating on her own! I'm going to try wet pellets next and set up a little thing of water for her!
WOW! I’m sooooo glad to hear that Azula is improving A LOT! You’re so wonderful for giving her a happy life. ❤️ Post photos when you have a chance. Whatever she’s been going through, it does sound as if she’s overcoming the worst part of it. Keep up all that you’re doing (and spoiling her!), because it’s working!

WOW! I’m sooooo glad to hear that Azula is improving A LOT! You’re so wonderful for giving her a happy life. ❤️ Post photos when you have a chance. Whatever she’s been going through, it does sound as if she’s overcoming the worst part of it. Keep up all that you’re doing (and spoiling her!), because it’s working!
Well here she is this morning when she was still mostly unconscious!

Attachments

• IMG_20240413_102642729.jpg
    IMG_20240413_102642729.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom