Dried membrane

Emma140210

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2024
Im just looking for some advice on a duckling that pipped about 7am this morning it looks luke membrane may be drying but im nit sure if its just from where it has pipped or if it needs some help out now?

Im just looking for some advice on a duckling that pipped about 7am this morning it looks luke membrane may be drying but im nit sure if its just from where it has pipped or if it needs some help out now?
Welcome to BYC! It's a good idea to give ducks at least 24-36 hours after they pip before assisting. Otherwise you risk them bleeding out from unabsorbed veins which is usually fatal.
Can you post a couple pics?
If you see any veins at all it's not ready yet. You can candle the pointy end to check for veins and yolk sack down there too. Those are the biggest and most important veins, those have to be completely gone.

Thankyou i really dont know what to do im just not sure what is going on

Attachments

• 20240411_221957.jpg
    20240411_221957.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 9
Its at 75 just not sure what is going on and dont really know whats best to do
Well if he pipped this morning he's probably not ready yet still.
If you have some warm water and a mist bottle you can mist all of the eggs with it from a couple of feet back. Otherwise I'd just wait a while longer to give him time to absorb.

Thankyou so much. I think i will give it a couple of hours and if no change i will give a mist im so scared to open the incubator but if theres no change in the next few hours thats what i will do. Thankyou

Thankyou so much. I think i will give it a couple of hours and if no change i will give a mist im so scared to open the incubator but if theres no change in the next few hours thats what i will do. Thankyou
Opening it won't hurt anything as long as it's not for too long (more than 5 minutes or so)
It takes less than a minute to mist the eggs and that helps boost humidity a lot.
No worries, you're welcome!

Back
Top Bottom