Dried membrane

Thats a little more picked off but im not sure if i can take any more but its really trying to push out

Attachments

• IMG-20240412-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20240412-WA0014.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 5
Thats a little more picked off but im not sure if i can take any more but its really trying to push out
Is he making yawning/chewing motions? Can you moisten as much membrane as you can reach gently with a q-tip wet with warm water? That'll make it more see through. Then take another pic.

Im just looking for some advice on a duckling that pipped about 7am this morning it looks luke membrane may be drying but im nit sure if its just from where it has pipped or if it needs some help out now?
I just had a baby chicken hatch (like an hour ago) and I thought the membrane was rock hard. All I did was wrap a warm wet rag around it for abt five minutes and put it back under mama. Hatched by itself fine. Good luck.

Is he making yawning/chewing motions? Can you moisten as much membrane as you can reach gently with a q-tip wet with warm water? That'll make it more see through. Then take another pic.
Very rarely making chewing motions now i had just wet it with some coconut oil just before i put it back in the incubator im not sure if you can see by the pic if not i can quickly take back out and get another pic

Attachments

• IMG-20240412-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20240412-WA0016.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20240412-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20240412-WA0015.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 4
I just had a baby chicken hatch (like an hour ago) and I thought the membrane was rock hard. All I did was wrap a warm wet rag around it for abt five minutes and put it back under mama. Hatched by itself fine. Good luck.
I'm glad your chick was ok! Be careful using a wet tag, it can chill the chick through the egg and actually dry it out more in some cases. It's usually better to moisten the membrane in cases like that with triple antibiotic ointment without pain relief.

Back
Top Bottom