Serama Hatchalong pt 2!

Pics
Don’t give up, Elfen. Seramas are definitely worth it. Once you have your first successful hatch (and they grow into beautiful tiny hens and roosters), you can let your hens do the incubating. My experience has shown me that they’re excellent broodies. My problem with that is usually having several going broody at the same time! I hope you have the same problem later this year. 🥰

Yeah. Sucks that 6/6 didn't develop. First time seeing a 0% hatch rate. Even the last 7 had 2 make it to lockdown and 1 hatched.
Hatching is a gamble, I used to order eggs from Murray McMurray, some hatch rates were fair, others were horrible. 21 days is a long time to wait to be disappointed, I know. :hugs

Hatching is a gamble, I used to order eggs from Murray McMurray, some hatch rates were fair, others were horrible. 21 days is a long time to wait to be disappointed, I know. :hugs
Well the big eggs I have, out of 12 we have 5 left so fingers crossed.

Remember my first hatch was....18 in lockdown? And 14 hatched I think? Something like that. That was fun. If only I was a hatchery. I could hatch babies all the time!

Well the big eggs I have, out of 12 we have 5 left so fingers crossed.

Remember my first hatch was....18 in lockdown? And 14 hatched I think? Something like that. That was fun. If only I was a hatchery. I could hatch babies all the time!
That would be a great job! Until I got fired for leaving work with a backpack stuffed with floofs ☹️

Back
Top Bottom