Any Home Bakers Here?

That’s a good idea. I’ll have to try it sometime.
Hang in there, you are still young, I know, at your age, life seems endless, when I was 18 and had no boyfriend, and all my other friends already had one ( some were even at their 4th) I feared I was going to die as a virgin 🙈 as you can see, I didn’t! And, you have to kiss a lot of frogs till you find your princess. Another saying goes, only meeting all the wrong people led me to finally meeting the right one. My aunt found her prince ( after a 40 year long, terrible marriage) at 70, and she ist still happy with him at 80 years and counting, my other friend, who had one boyfriend after another had a 20 year stretch of being ( unhappily) single, she met the man of her dreams 2 years ago and married him last year ….At your age, I know it is hard to be patient, but persevere, and the right one will come along. And ask yourself, instead of searching for the right girl for you, are you the right man ? So , look at yourself, are you a prize worth looking for?! If not, get to work ;) :hugs:hugs Hoping you will find the one✊ when you do, she will have been worth waiting for!

I said it a few times before, and I didn’t mean it those times, but now I mean it.

I am leaving the forum. Here’s why:

I feel hurt because I just poured out some intense emotions I am feeling in my previous post, and all people are doing is clicking the like button.

Ae you LIKING the intense emotional pain I am in?!?!

Likes are NOT the same as interaction and support, both of which I need.

If all you guys are going to do is like my posts and not respond, then I am not going to waste my time on this forum anymore.

I may return if you all talk me into staying, but it’s not likely.

Goodbye!

@jnicholes You need to stop and think about what other people are thinking.

Those of us who read your posts may not know what to say about your problems.

Sometimes many viewers will make comments to your posts and after so many comments I feel it would be redundant to put the same comments in again.

Jared, just stop and think about what you are saying!

Last edited:
While you don't know me I have been following and reading this thread for a VERY long time so feel as if I know you somewhat.

I certainly want you to stay. I want you to stay because you are an Interesting person with diverse skills. I enjoy reading everyone's adventures.

I do feel bad for the struggles you have had but I see your recovery and growth too. Being young is never easy (being old isn't always a picnic either).
The last couple years have been particularly difficult for young people. It's impossible to socialize during a lockdown. I was actually talking to a young intern at work last week regarding that. He said even at his college it's impossible still.

While alone you aren't alone in feeling alone....if that makes sense.

I strongly believe there is a somebody for everybody. It is just the matter of finding them that's hard.

It's also my opinion that there are times people read something and aren't sure what to say or IF they should say anything. They often click that like button in hopes the poster will understand they are acknowledging the post and that their "like" is a show of support when they don't know how to respond with words.

You are far stronger than you know. :hugs

I tried to say the same thing.

Hang in there, you are still young, I know, at your age, life seems endless, when I was 18 and had no boyfriend, and all my other friends already had one ( some were even at their 4th) I feared I was going to die as a virgin 🙈 as you can see, I didn’t! And, you have to kiss a lot of frogs till you find your princess. Another saying goes, only meeting all the wrong people led me to finally meeting the right one. My aunt found her prince ( after a 40 year long, terrible marriage) at 70, and she ist still happy with him at 80 years and counting, my other friend, who had one boyfriend after another had a 20 year stretch of being ( unhappily) single, she met the man of her dreams 2 years ago and married him last year ….At your age, I know it is hard to be patient, but persevere, and the right one will come along. And ask yourself, instead of searching for the right girl for you, are you the right man ? So , look at yourself, are you a prize worth looking for?! If not, get to work ;) :hugs:hugs Hoping you will find the one✊ when you do, she will have been worth waiting for!

I just want to say I guess I found the right one, as we just celebrated 54 years together.

@jnicholes You need to stop and think about what other people are thinking.

Those of us who read your posts may not know what to say about your problems.

Sometimes many viewers will make comments to your posts and after so many comments I feel it would be redundant to put the same comments in again.

Jared, just stop and think about what you are saying!
Jared, We all have difficult times. AND I know what you are saying. YOU
were there for me...ALWAYS. Just try to think about WHAT YOU DO HAVE.
I know and am trying too. Stay with us....

Jared, here's something I learned when I was alone.

My best friend was studying in Russia for 6 months. (This was before email, let alone cell phones and texting, so I got ONE phone call, for 3 minutes. That's all that could be arranged.)

My mom had just died. That left a HUGE hole in my life, and lots of regrets about what I didn't say to her that I should have. It still makes me cry, like right now.

My dad had already passed. I wasn't close to him, and not to my siblings, either. I had some people who cared about me, yet I felt like I was all alone. I had a very hard time making new friends, and didn't have any social life.

I really hit a low point, believe me. I got into therapy, learned about my depression, and that helped, some. What helped the most was looking into myself. Who am I? What do I have to offer to others, and the world? What will my life mean, when it's all said and done?

What if I am single, all my life? Does my life still mean anything?

Of course it does. It means something to me, and therefore, I need to find my own meaning.

You have mentioned your faith. That can be a huge pillar of strength. Lean on that when you need to. You have many interests; pursue them. Take a class, join a group. Volunteer somewhere. Talk to people who are NOT in your age group. You never know who they know, who they might introduce you to. Teach something. Baking, cheese making, shooting, hunting.

There are a LOT of people who care about you, Jared. Count me in that group.

Back
Top Bottom