BBS Marans 2.5 weeks gender guesses!

4 weeks tomorrow what are your guesses? They all hatched on 3/25

First is my forest egger and is definitely a little cockerel.

Second is one of my Splash Marans

Third is my blue Marans

Fourth is my other splash Marans

I’m kind of torn on what my guesses are bc the first chick which is also their hatch mate and a mix from the same flock as the others began showing and growing his comb over a week ago. 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_1677.jpeg
    IMG_1677.jpeg
    609.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1650.jpeg
    IMG_1650.jpeg
    539.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1639.jpeg
    IMG_1639.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 9
I think both splashes COULD be pullets and the blue I have no clue. The blue does have a higher comb but it hasn’t changed or grown for the past two weeks, and has no color like my for-sure cockerel. So I’ll be waiting another week or two and see what happens with them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

4 weeks tomorrow what are your guesses? They all hatched on 3/25

First is my forest egger and is definitely a little cockerel.

Second is one of my Splash Marans

Third is my blue Marans

Fourth is my other splash Marans

I’m kind of torn on what my guesses are bc the first chick which is also their hatch mate and a mix from the same flock as the others began showing and growing his comb over a week ago. 🤔
I still think 1, 3 and 4 are cockerels 😁 it would be nice if you had 50/50 though! 🤞

Unfortunately, no. I am not able to have roos where I live but I have a home already arranged for any roos I end up with.
Ah, that's a bummer. Hopefully I'm wrong and their all pullets then for you and you get super dark eggs...🙂
I've been wanting some Blue Coppers but I'm trying to stay focused on my Black Coppers for now. If I add any other Marans it will be Black Silvers this year or next. But someday I'll have Blue Coppers..someday. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom