Pics
Jimmy Fallon Promise GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
But this time, we mean it! Really, we do...

:lau

Tonight we played musical coops. It was time to get the four 4.5-month-olds out of the aviary to the main coop, except George (on the right) had to be carried. He's my pal so thinks he's above being chased to the coop. The 3 ladies seemed to like it in there though. The white paint NN is Pearl, mottled is Phyllis (Diller), and Black Betty.

mottled & paint pullets.JPEG George.JPEG
They had to go to the main coop so the next bunch could take the aviary.

These 11 got their temp coop removed from where they are standing, so they're all acting lost, although they've gone in and out of the aviary daily just to have fun. The circled ones are the ones we're keeping. The rest are going to my cousin in MN 24th of Aug.

They eventually made it to the aviary, having nowhere else to go. That one on the top is Chelsea Chicken (CC), a splash that I posted a picture of before. She runs to me when I come outside. The rest, pfft. They act like I'm dangerous. All of the other chickens around here pretty much let me just walk up to them and pick them up. These are the most fickle.
11 on 7-26-24.jpg

We'll give this a few days, then put the temp coop back up again for these 11 buffs/etc. We've been hauling them out here from the brooder every morning and bringing them back in at night as we have no other place for them. They'll sure love being outside permanently in a few days as will we!
11 buffs 7-26-24.JPEG

MB is in the breeding pen now with Buddy the cuckoo roo, Marsha, who has decided not to be broody this week, Ember (black), Charlotte (chocolate), and another black hen. I have MB just hanging out in there because he had seizures last week. He's recovering in there better than out with the rest. Not sure what was wrong but some electrolytes and Poultry Cell seemed to help. He's doing fine now though.

Here's Buddy and Ember.
Buddy and Ember.JPEG

MB, aka the mop.
MB.JPEG

Carol (Burnette) is MB's sister. She been going to the main coop. We're waiting for a buff rooster for her. While I'm saving eggs to sell, I can't let those two be together as both are frizzles. They're 6 mos. old.
Carol.JPEG

Tonight we played musical coops. It was time to get the four 4.5-month-olds out of the aviary to the main coop, except George (on the right) had to be carried. He's my pal so thinks he's above being chased to the coop. The 3 ladies seemed to like it in there though. The white paint NN is Pearl, mottled is Phyllis (Diller), and Black Betty.

View attachment 3902481View attachment 3902482
They had to go to the main coop so the next bunch could take the aviary.

These 11 got their temp coop removed from where they are standing, so they're all acting lost, although they've gone in and out of the aviary daily just to have fun. The circled ones are the ones we're keeping. The rest are going to my cousin in MN 24th of Aug.

They eventually made it to the aviary, having nowhere else to go. That one on the top is Chelsea Chicken (CC), a splash that I posted a picture of before. She runs to me when I come outside. The rest, pfft. They act like I'm dangerous. All of the other chickens around here pretty much let me just walk up to them and pick them up. These are the most fickle.
View attachment 3902499

We'll give this a few days, then put the temp coop back up again for these 11 buffs/etc. We've been hauling them out here from the brooder every morning and bringing them back in at night as we have no other place for them. They'll sure love being outside permanently in a few days as will we!
View attachment 3902495

MB is in the breeding pen now with Buddy the cuckoo roo, Marsha, who has decided not to be broody this week, Ember (black), Charlotte (chocolate), and another black hen. I have MB just hanging out in there because he had seizures last week. He's recovering in there better than out with the rest. Not sure what was wrong but some electrolytes and Poultry Cell seemed to help. He's doing fine now though.

Here's Buddy and Ember.
View attachment 3902502

MB, aka the mop.
View attachment 3902517

Carol (Burnette) is MB's sister. She been going to the main coop. We're waiting for a buff rooster for her. While I'm saving eggs to sell, I can't let those two be together as both are frizzles. They're 6 mos. old.
View attachment 3902518
Lots of beautiful birds!!!! :love

Wow! The MB is so cool looking! I wonder what happened ti him last week? I'm glad he's better.

All of your silkies are looking good 🥰

Love Ember!
I don't know. He did a triple summersault coming out of the coop one morning. I picked him up and brought him up by the house and called Michael to bring some watermelon. He fed him that while I made the electrolyte/vitamin water. Then he had another seizure right there. The day it happened, it couldn't have been heat-related. He seemed stunned like in a trance for hours. The only other thing I could think of is if he got pecked on in the coop before I let them out. King the old white roo wouldn't, nor would Blueboy, so that leaves Piper. I'd seen them all have spats like roosters do, so I suppose one got out of hand, perhaps. Anyway, after a few hours, he started walking around again and acting normal. I didn't want to chance anything further happening to him so put him in the breeding pen with Buddy the cuckoo roo. Those two get along great. He's seemed fine since. It's been about a week, so I could let him out of there, but I might still wait. It's not hurting anything to have him there.

I don't know. He did a triple summersault coming out of the coop one morning. I picked him up and brought him up by the house and called Michael to bring some watermelon. He fed him that while I made the electrolyte/vitamin water. Then he had another seizure right there. The day it happened, it couldn't have been heat-related. He seemed stunned like in a trance for hours. The only other thing I could think of is if he got pecked on in the coop before I let them out. King the old white roo wouldn't, nor would Blueboy, so that leaves Piper. I'd seen them all have spats like roosters do, so I suppose one got out of hand, perhaps. Anyway, after a few hours, he started walking around again and acting normal. I didn't want to chance anything further happening to him so put him in the breeding pen with Buddy the cuckoo roo. Those two get along great. He's seemed fine since. It's been about a week, so I could let him out of there, but I might still wait. It's not hurting anything to have him there.
I'm so glad he's better!

Huh, I wonder if he did get pecked in the head and a bit rattled?

I'm glad he has a Buddy 🥰

I was out with my camera some more yesterday.

Carol (Burnette) heading into the aviary to see what's to eat in there. She's nice to them, which is weird as they're over three months apart. Other hens get chased off by Blueboy, who sort of looks out for them.

IMG_1479.JPEG

Here she's with them behind the aviary sharing HHR "treats".
IMG_1475.JPEG

A Marsha sighting! That's Piper on the outside.
IMG_1480 (1).JPEG

I gave MB a trim around his eyes, but I saw that I didn't do enough. We'll keep him in there while we're gone to MN later this week.
IMG_1482.JPEG

I was out with my camera some more yesterday.

Carol (Burnette) heading into the aviary to see what's to eat in there. She's nice to them, which is weird as they're over three months apart. Other hens get chased off by Blueboy, who sort of looks out for them.

View attachment 3903970

Here she's with them behind the aviary sharing HHR "treats".
View attachment 3903973

A Marsha sighting! That's Piper on the outside.
View attachment 3903971

I gave MB a trim around his eyes, but I saw that I didn't do enough. We'll keep him in there while we're gone to MN later this week.
View attachment 3903972
I'm in love with the boy.

Back
Top Bottom