Pics
There was an unhatched egg I didn't see so there's 3 left sitting in there. I candled but can't tell as they seem full term to me, but not moving.

Took 14 of the 17 that hatched out and put in the brooder with the 2.5 week old mottled/paint, etc. ones. That's going rather funny but it'll be fine. I may sleep in the living room though as a couple of those newly hatched ones are having way too much fun running to the opposite side of the heat, over onto the horse pellets, then standing there crying lol. The 7 older ones are over there, so I bet they're thinking, "Momma!" Then they get there and don't know where they are. 🤷‍♀️

There are a couple that can do a short lift-off and get a couple inches off the ground if they run fast enough. 😂
Today I had a laugh - Curly was running up the alley in the barn and got some liftoff for about 2’ hahahaha

She really can’t fly and it worse as she’s a frizzle 💕

It's working out well...2 1/2 week-olds with day-olds.

I could have put them with the 9 little buggers that are 5 days old, but those are sold and I was afraid by the time she gets here on the 3rd, they could get mixed up.

I usually don't put freshly hatched in horse pellets this soon, but they're doing fine.

I couldn't get a picture as they dispersed when they saw me, but the older ones were all cuddled up last night next to the new ones. They still need heat so got over their shyness real quick!!

There are 17 hatched. 3 eggs are unhatched/no pips are still in the incubator. I'll leave those for another day or two. I will never forget that one I recently hatched THREE days after the rest of them.

IMG_0777.jpeg

I could have put them with the 9 little buggers that are 5 days old, but those are sold and I was afraid by the time she gets here on the 3rd, they could get mixed up.

I usually don't put freshly hatched in horse pellets this soon, but they're doing fine.

I couldn't get a picture as they dispersed when they saw me, but the older ones were all cuddled up last night next to the new ones. They still need heat so got over their shyness real quick!!

There are 17 hatched. 3 eggs are unhatched/no pips are still in the incubator. I'll leave those for another day or two. I will never forget that one I recently hatched THREE days after the rest of them.

View attachment 3787174
:love :love :love

View attachment 3787174

Congratulations Deb!

Back
Top Bottom