Pics
We had visitors this morning.

Our dogs (border collie and corgi) were going nuts. I looked out my window and saw the border collie's hair was up, and the corgi ran back toward the house, and barked from there. Then we saw it. The 4 cubs must've been coming up the hill when the dogs scared them so they climbed a tree. Momma came out of the woods and was trying to coax them back down. We got the dogs in the house and then they came down and they left for back in the woods.

View attachment 3856432View attachment 3856433View attachment 3856434View attachment 3856435View attachment 3856436View attachment 3856437
Oh my goodness! Super awesome and concerning at the same time! Keep all your animals safe.

Love the photos though :eek:

Oh my goodness! Super awesome and concerning at the same time! Keep all your animals safe.

Love the photos though :eek:
Thank you!

We were watching our 3-seasons breeding pen in case it started collapsing from the back side. Those were the only vulnerable chickens at the time. I highly doubt they could catch a chicken unless trapped, but the damage!! The only thing they did was knock down a suet feeder.

She didn't make it. She had a convulsion and then was gone. I'm livid I was probably sitting right here when it happened and didn't see it. I let Michael know the first chicken I see going too far with another chicken is going.

He feels bad too. I have no other cuckoo hen as her sister is sold with the clown nn rooster on 6/3 to a repeat customer, so I can't renig. I'll deal with it some other time as I'm still so darned mad at myself and whoever did this.
Gosh I am so sorry to hear this. Chickens can be down right vicious can’t they?

We had visitors this morning.

Our dogs (border collie and corgi) were going nuts. I looked out my window and saw the border collie's hair was up, and the corgi ran back toward the house, and barked from there. Then we saw it. The 4 cubs must've been coming up the hill when the dogs scared them so they climbed a tree. Momma came out of the woods and was trying to coax them back down. We got the dogs in the house and then they came down and they left for back in the woods.

View attachment 3856432View attachment 3856433View attachment 3856434View attachment 3856435View attachment 3856436View attachment 3856437
Holy Dinah! Scary situation. Glad you the dogs and the bears are safe.

I want at least one like yours though...the lemon cuckoo.
Here are a few more pics of my lemon girl! I don’t know why but she is more on the shy side, not cuddly. But such a beautiful girl! I am hoping that I can breed her to a solid roo (I don’t have a single other cuckoo chicken) and get sex linked babies! Her cuckoo patterning is very light but I do think that it is there!

Attachments

• IMG_8748.jpeg
    IMG_8748.jpeg
    544.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8744.jpeg
    IMG_8744.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 7
Here are a few more pics of my lemon girl! I don’t know why but she is more on the shy side, not cuddly. But such a beautiful girl! I am hoping that I can breed her to a solid roo (I don’t have a single other cuckoo chicken) and get sex linked babies! Her cuckoo patterning is very light but I do think that it is there!
I just love the coloring. Even if she turned out not cuckoo, I'd still love having one or a few like her. :love

I probably said this before about sex-linked chicks but mine are, and I ignore it. Just today I had a gal asking about buying some of my chicks but wishes she could just get pullets. I could tell her which ones were, but then what am I doing selling someone else 6 chicks with 5 of them known roosters? I couldn't do that.

Back
Top Bottom