How do you store your feed/scratch?

Just trying to catch up with you. Them turkeys love to eat.
shhhhh_keep_it_down_walking_dead.gif

I've only got 40 give or take.

20 Gal Galvanized trash cans are just the right size for a 50 lb bag.

Also, I had an old metal step trash can that I wasn't using. I took the plastic bucket out and it is just the right size to hold my large round galvanized feeder. I set it up right next to the 'food court' and it's easy to plop the feeder in at night so I won't have visitors eating the rest of my girls feed all night.

Last edited:
Hello. I am looking for ideas for storing my feed/scratch. I currently keep all feed/scratch in our feed/tack room which is in our basement through an outside door. We have some mice friends getting into it. What do you use that works? Metal trash cans? Plastic feed containers? Thanks in advance.
Plastic storage bin. Same with all my chicken feed and birdseed. I’ve never had a mouse problem as long as the lid is kept closed :)

We bought several 10 gallon regular METAL garbage cans. Labeled them for chicken feed, duck/goose feed, scratch grain, and baby chick feed...They have tight fitting lids. We fill them up and they are out in the shed. We have NEVER had a rodent or moisture get into them. We keep plastic bucket and scoop there for putting some in to transfer to coops.

Back
Top Bottom