Inside chicken home?

Wow. I think MY chickens would like to come over and be YOUR chickens!
wink.png

I love my chickens but I still laugh at the idea of indoor chickens or diapers. I mean, I've seen them. People come to our farmer's market with chickens in diapers to help spread the word about backyard farming (which I applaud). However, my DH said we could have as many chickens as I wanted as long as I treated them like outdoor pets. LOL I think your apartment setup sounds NICE! =0) Spoiled chickens you've got.

Your Silkies are so blessed to have such a loving home and family! I have already been telling DH that our Silkies (coming in August) will probably be our "house chickens." He is not fond of that idea, but once he sees how sweet they are, he might not be able to resist. (Oh Honey, that's just a funny looking 2 legged cat that I rescued.) I think you are providing everything they could possibly want and judging from their disposition, the people who abandoned them were CRAZY to leave them behind! What a wonderful story!! Please post pictures!!!

wee.gif

I went to the website that you provided for the chicken diapers and watched the instructional video...what a HOOT! It is SO cute! I am seriously thinking of getting one, but I won't be able to tell my husband....I'll just surprise him with it. When he found out I was bringing the chickens into the basement because of the heat, he told me that he was drawing the line at coming home from work and finding them in the livingroom (although I often hold one at a time on my lap!). Oh, man, it would be so great to get a chicken diaper and have him come home to a chicken just walking around the house! And I love that the liner is reuseable...ususally they make you keep buying disposable replacements! Thanks for sharing that website!!
hugs.gif

I'm thinking Ugly Boy needs a diaper too! Since being torn apart by our other roo, he has to be separated. So he spends a lot of time in the house with us. It would be nice to not have to walk behind him to clean up LOL.... DH wasn't too keen on the idea, but he lost the debate when I asked him "whats the difference between a chicken and a parrot in the house, other then $500?" Being that he used to have conjures, he couldn't really come up with a good argument LOL....

If it ever becomes to much for you, like when they start laying, I know of a wonderful place in Franktown. It seems they are perfectly happy where they are now, but my girls like to run around the ranch all day, eating bugs, worms, flowers and anything else that grows or moves. And it's about 40 minutes from LoDo. Just sayin'.

Quote:
The ladies are laying, they took over the cat's bed/box in the bathroom as their nest. The cats didn't really like the bed anyway, it was near the evil thing known as a shower where they might get damp.

So they lay their eggs sometime during the day - on the weekends, seems like around 9 am or so is good - then they are in the room without a diaper anyway. On the weekend, once they've laid their eggs, we let them out then.

DH brought home them some worms last night. They weren't sure at first, but quickly figured out they were YUMMY! Almost as good as spaghetti.

They aren't spoiled or anything like that. Really. Umm... Well, not compared to the dogs at least or the cats. The dogs have a collection of collars each to wear on different days and a futon kept open for them always. The cats have a loft bed in the office to sleep in cushioned, mattress comfort because they like it. The chickens just have diapers and a bathroom.

Can't help it, can't have kids, don't want kids right now, so the animals get pretty spoiled.

Back
Top Bottom