"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I've been a little under the weather so I haven't been spending much time with the chickens, but I'm feeling better and spent a good long time with them this morning. My hubby has been caring for them and he told me they were missing me (I think he was missing me taking care of them) :).
Anyhow, all is well and the babies are growing so fast! Here's a couple pics of the Breese and Isbars this morning. Ended up with 5 boys and 4 girls in the Breese and I think 1 and 1 with the Isbars.
1f44f.png

I agree! I hate buying chicken in the store now, especially after finding a local guy who will butcher for $3.50 a bird! He did a great job, and even puts them out before he kills them so it's humane. Plus you know what your chickens eat and how they were raised. The health of the chicken is equivalent to our health when we eat the bird. :)
I love it! It is so awesome to raise your own! The love egg color, pretty!

I wish I could find someone near me that would butcher for that price! I've got about (25) 2 month old Roos that I will need to do something with in a few months.

I've been a little under the weather so I haven't been spending much time with the chickens, but I'm feeling better and spent a good long time with them this morning. My hubby has been caring for them and he told me they were missing me (I think he was missing me taking care of them) :).
Anyhow, all is well and the babies are growing so fast! Here's a couple pics of the Breese and Isbars this morning. Ended up with 5 boys and 4 girls in the Breese and I think 1 and 1 with the Isbars.
1f44f.png

Sorry to hear you've been sick. My friend works at a hospital north of you she has been sick too,along with a lot of the staff. She said this flu is a bad one. Your chickens look great hope you feel better soon. Pam

Last edited:
Thanks Pam. My other crew is growing too. This is my favorite out of that group. He is buff/campine mix. He is so sweet.

This is some of the group Turk hatched for me. They are staying in a shed in the back yard and have now discovered the patio. Daddy ain't gonna like that!!!

Where can I bring a dead chicken to be tested to see what caused her to die? Have seen it mentioned by someone before but I can't remember who it was. Thanks everyone!

Thanks Pam. My other crew is growing too. This is my favorite out of that group. He is buff/campine mix. He is so sweet.

This is some of the group Turk hatched for me. They are staying in a shed in the back yard and have now discovered the patio. Daddy ain't gonna like that!!!

Yes Ron was commiserating with him when Y'all were here. Lol!! They really look good aginst the background Of your patio.:eek: I think they better go hide back in the shed. Pam

Last edited:
Where can I bring a dead chicken to be tested to see what caused her to die?  Have seen it mentioned by someone before but I can't remember who it was. Thanks everyone!
Lsu ag center should do it or tell you where they are done at. Cody had one done at his local ag office. Pam

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom