MJ's little flock

Although they may have to go into quarantine for a couple of weeks; there’s a couple of strains of bird flu floating around at the moment. :(
I'm disappointed it's arrived in Australia at last, although it was good while it lasted!

That said, I thought the outbreaks were more rural than your place. Is there one near you?

I'm disappointed it's arrived in Australia at last, although it was good while it lasted!

That said, I thought the outbreaks were more rural than your place. Is there one near you?
There's one down in Victoria, where my friend has a property, and she's had to see a few quarantines through, but there's also been an outbreak in Hawkesbury, north Sydney. My in-laws saw a processing place in Picton which had quarantine signs out the front and that's closer to us than Hawkesbury. The wild birds hang out with our girls so to keep them away, I would need to keep them locked in. I was thinking of giving them armfuls of leaf litter to dig through, but what's to say the wild birds haven't potentially contaminated it? And how long am I supposed to keep them locked in? They are definitely going to holler about it. :(

I had some meetings in the city this morning and decided to do a few hours work in the public library after lunch.

IMG_2024-06-26-13-49-21-264.jpg

I love this space. I've written so many words here. I should work here more often.

There's one down in Victoria, where my friend has a property, and she's had to see a few quarantines through, but there's also been an outbreak in Hawkesbury, north Sydney. My in-laws saw a processing place in Picton which had quarantine signs out the front and that's closer to us than Hawkesbury. The wild birds hang out with our girls so to keep them away, I would need to keep them locked in. I was thinking of giving them armfuls of leaf litter to dig through, but what's to say the wild birds haven't potentially contaminated it? And how long am I supposed to keep them locked in? They are definitely going to holler about it. :(
In the UK the spread has been attributed to waterfowl mostly. Wild garden birds get the blame for a lot of stuff but in this case it seems they are a minor factor.

In the UK the spread has been attributed to waterfowl mostly. Wild garden birds get the blame for a lot of stuff but in this case it seems they are a minor factor.
I had a look on the NSW DPI site and it is only showing Hawkesbury as a control zone and not Picton. We are a long way from Hawkesbury, so I might let them out and monitor the website closely.

Back
Top Bottom