MJ's little flock

Installing (really hanging) this.
View attachment 3868626

It is bamboo beads. They make a lovely sound in the breeze, create shade for me, and I hope create a little hawk deterrence too.
It took Bernie a while to accept that the beads were not going to swallow her whole, and nor were they delicious worms she could swallow whole, but now she barges confidently through the curtain like a pro. Everyone else is short enough to just walk under it.

Doing this was a nice distraction in a tough week. Several folk here already know, but I lost Babs unexpectedly earlier in the week. It was a complete shock because it is hard to imagine a chicken looking healthier and more full of beans than Babs even a couple of hours before I found her body.
I am feeling a bit better now, but was a bit of a mess earlier.
How is the bamboo screen working out RC? All good?8

I confess I am hooked! They give a lovely dreamy sort of perspective in the world and definitely help keep it cooler.
I wonder if bead strings like that would help with a fly problem we have. We have a weird fly vortex around our backdoor which is under a covered patio area. Constant swirling flies, which get sucked inside everytime the door opens.

I wonder if bead strings like that would help with a fly problem we have. We have a weird fly vortex around our backdoor which is under a covered patio area. Constant swirling flies, which get sucked inside everytime the door opens.
It has to be worth a try.

I wonder why the flies like the patio so much.

Katie is down to one last tail feather! I expect it'll be gone by morning, but for now it's carried high and proud.

IMG_2024-06-28-17-06-30-021.jpg

IMG_2024-06-28-17-06-45-733.jpg

Back
Top Bottom