Need Shade Ideas for Coop

I am lovin all these ideas! Time for me to get crafty
woot.gif

Ok guys I came up with a shade idea. I made large curtains! I used a tension rod, a shower curtain (since its water proof), and some shower curtain hooks ... It only cost $15 for the supplies. I hung it on the far end of the coop where most of the sun shines in and it seems to be doing its job of providing shade while also keeping the waterer out of the sun too. I also cut it down the middle so it looks like curtains and can be pulled back during very windy or cooler weather. Then I bought an old window at the thrift store for $10 to complete the look. And the best thing is that I can remove it over the winter or once the lilac grows large enough. Plus my dad approves of it! woohoo! I am very pleased with the way it turned out and I appreciate everyone's input and ideas. They really helped get my creative juices flowing LOL.

Ok guys I came up with a shade idea. I made large curtains! I used a tension rod, a shower curtain (since its water proof), and some shower curtain hooks ... It only cost $15 for the supplies. I hung it on the far end of the coop where most of the sun shines in and it seems to be doing its job of providing shade while also keeping the waterer out of the sun too. I also cut it down the middle so it looks like curtains and can be pulled back during very windy or cooler weather. Then I bought an old window at the thrift store for $10 to complete the look. And the best thing is that I can remove it over the winter or once the lilac grows large enough. Plus my dad approves of it! woohoo! I am very pleased with the way it turned out and I appreciate everyone's input and ideas. They really helped get my creative juices flowing LOL.

Cute idea with the window, curtains, and plantar!

I am building a new hoop coop and am going to be covering with clear poly tarp but need shade too. Has anyone used the shade tarps and if so what % shade are you using. I thought they would work great but they are very expensive so just want to get some ideas from others.

I might regret this later but I might plant some arborvitae thuja emerald green inside along the west side so they have a little shade in the hot afternoon summer sun... I'll post pics when done 👍

Back
Top Bottom