Pics
It's been a while. They're pretty similar but if I remember correctly, Leos are kept slightly hotter and AFTs require higher humidity.
That’s pretty neat! So how did you adapt with both of them? Just kind of compromised and put it somewhere in the middle? And they got along? That’s so neat!

Wow you guys left me in the dust ! 😂😆 Cool reptiles !

I have , drum roll please , 0, a big fat 0 , no reptiles in my house at all !
(Although I'd love some !😍)
Sorry 😂🤣🙈 And I want some eventually too! But probably not for a long while. I’d love a snake or gecko. :love although I’ve fallen in love with beardies too thanks to CSA and Tes 😂🤣🥰

That’s pretty neat! So how did you adapt with both of them? Just kind of compromised and put it somewhere in the middle? And they got along? That’s so neat!
Funny enough, Finn (leo) has always preferred the cool side of the tank. She almost never goes to the warm side except to eat. She spends days in her cool hide doing nothing... yes, I've had her checked by a vet, and yes, I've thought she was dead many many times lol.
Of course it's coincidental, but she really keeps more like an AFT than a leo.

So yea, in my case it really wasn't hard to keep them together. They had a nice temperature gradient but they were always snuggled up together somewhere on the medium-cool end.
I didn't do a lot of misting (our humidity is high enough here) but they always had one or two moist hides that they really enjoyed.

If Finn was a leo who liked it really hot or who was extremely active or territorial, I definitely would've separated them.
As it was.. they seemed to genuinely enjoy each other. :confused: I don't have a good explanation for it haha.

Funny enough, Finn (leo) has always preferred the cool side of the tank. She almost never goes to the warm side except to eat. She spends days in her cool hide doing nothing... yes, I've had her checked by a vet, and yes, I've thought she was dead many many times lol.
Of course it's coincidental, but she really keeps more like an AFT than a leo.

So yea, in my case it really wasn't hard to keep them together. They had a nice temperature gradient but they were always snuggled up together somewhere on the medium-cool end.
I didn't do a lot of misting (our humidity is high enough here) but they always had one or two moist hides that they really enjoyed.

If Finn was a leo who liked it really hot or who was extremely active or territorial, I definitely would've separated them.
As it was.. they seemed to genuinely enjoy each other. :confused: I don't have a good explanation for it haha.
Awwww that’s amazing!!! :love I wonder if she grew up with the other one and got used to those conditions and her company or something? Seems you guys both have unique mold breaking Leo’s 😂🥰

Yep, I used to have an African fat-tailed gecko. She was being housed with my leopard gecko and I ultimately decided to keep them together, albeit with some major husbandry changes.
This is never recommended but rules sometimes go out the window with rescues.

Anyway, I really enjoyed her. She had just as much personality as my leo and was actually a little calmer. They are also insanely soft, like fine velvet, and have some really neat colour morphs (mine was pretty plain).
View attachment 2272624
View attachment 2272625
Adorable! Your gecko has the same facial expression as mine. Their skin is definitely softer; I like the comparison to velvet. Mocha is very sensitive, and though she is calmer when held compared to my leopard gecko, I think it is because she is scared.
We have only fed it frozen mice. Started with pinkies and moved up to fuzzies. He/she goes crazy when we come near the tank and wants to eat all the time. Mice are expensive enough, wouldn't want to have to pay for rats. How many rats would your snake normally eat, if it was not on strike?
He will eat one small rat every...2 weeks, roughly. I am usually not as consistent as I would like to be with feedings. I am not sure why he hasn't been eating, though I could think of multiple reasons. One, his tank is located in a place where I am a lot of the time. Two, there are loud musical instruments practiced in the house near him. Three, his enclosure seems kind of small (20 gallon long), so maybe he doesn't feel like he has enough space to strike at it? Four, I sometimes just drop the rat in instead of dangling it about for him to see first. I know he can tell it is there, because he will stare at it for a long time and flick his tongue. At least 4 rats have been wasted now...

Back
Top Bottom