Silkie thread!

Well, that didn't last long. I couldn't stand all of the peeping (my brooder is right outside my bedroom window, so not good) and the broody hen decided that if I was going to take her chicks away, she was going to go back to sitting (also not good, though she's of good weight). So I cleaned out one of my grow out pens and put momma and babies in there. Its covered in hardware clothe, so it should be secure from snakes, its been holding chicks for a while and nobodies ever gone missing at least. We're back to being drama free again. At least until the cockerels I had in that grow out pen realize they can't get in there to go to bed tonight
he.gif

I need more coops and pens!!!!

Just got the new nipple watering system and PVC feeder installed today.
Got some bugs to work out, but everyone is happy so far.
The buff orps go out in a week and I wanted to give everyone a place to feed and water without getting in each other's way.

Just love these lil puff balls with the huge poofs & fluffy cheeks lol. These two are some of my newest ones. A black & blue and then I got a few more nice splash with vaults. I am pretty excited about all my adorable babies :)

I've already lost one of my beautiful chicks :hit

I found it under the nest boxes covered in snake slobber. It makes me so angry when one is lost and the killer doesn't even make use of it. Just swallowed it about halfway down and spit it back out :barnie

So, now they're sharing the brooder with my turkey poults. The poults are mad, broody hen is mad, chicks are mad...and so am I. Ugh.

Oh no, I would be watching for it to come back. Very sorry, just terrible. :(

Oh, I am. I feel so bad, because I moved a small black snake out of the coop the other day and let it go in our barn. I'm guessing it made its way back to the coop last night and snagged my chick, but it could have been another. We've got loads of them.

But, that's okay. From now on, ALL snakes found in the coop will not be saved. I hate to kill them, since we have a mouse problem, but my chicks are more important to me.

Always something!

Oh, I am. I feel so bad, because I moved a small black snake out of the coop the other day and let it go in our barn. I'm guessing it made its way back to the coop last night and snagged my chick, but it could have been another. We've got loads of them.

But, that's okay. From now on, ALL snakes found in the coop will not be saved. I hate to kill them, since we have a mouse problem, but my chicks are more important to me.

Always something!

Frustrating to lose babies , no matter what the cause. Our friends were often finding tiger snakes in the garden. They purchased these and swear by them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html/_...snake repellent&_fromfsb=0&_trksid=m270.l1313

Back
Top Bottom