The AMERAUCANA thread

I’m bad at naming birds, but that’s beside the point. “Big Nugget”(he’s big in comparison to his son, “Little Nugget”) is molting right now. He lost most tail feathers a few days back and looks absolutely ridiculous right now. Nobody else is molting as hard as him.
IMG_9998.jpeg
IMG_0070.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    948.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    885.6 KB · Views: 7
I’m bad at naming birds, but that’s beside the point. “Big Nugget”(he’s big in comparison to his son, “Little Nugget”) is molting right now. He lost most tail feathers a few days back and looks absolutely ridiculous right now. Nobody else is molting as hard as him.View attachment 3906599View attachment 3906598
Big Nugget is a great name haha. I have a wheaten rooster who is also molting and looks horrible! Poor guys! 😏

I’ve not been on in awhile, so much going on!! But I did take a couple of pictures of my bantam blue grow outs. I’m quite happy with the lacing I’m getting on my roosters! This guy especially. 😍 My blacks were a failed pairing this year, and my blues were going to simply be extras from the splash birds I’m trying to get and now I’m really excited the most by the blues! They need a lot of beard help and the hens need better typing…but so far so good. 😍

Attachments

• IMG_2583.jpeg
    IMG_2583.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2573.jpeg
    IMG_2573.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2578.jpeg
    IMG_2578.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2603.jpeg
    IMG_2603.jpeg
    429.1 KB · Views: 7
I’m bad at naming birds, but that’s beside the point. “Big Nugget”(he’s big in comparison to his son, “Little Nugget”) is molting right now. He lost most tail feathers a few days back and looks absolutely ridiculous right now. Nobody else is molting as hard as him.View attachment 3906599View attachment 3906598
He's still handsome, even if he is only half dressed 😊😉

Back
Top Bottom