What did you do in the garden today?

Carols Clucks, nice! It sounds like you have a plan.

Happy Chooks, it's too bad you don't live closer to me. I've got a ton of strawberry starts, and I'd have given you some for free.

Awww, how nice of you. I didn't pay for them though, my DH's grandmother gave them to me.

I picked out TONS of weeds! It has rained soooo much in Maine this spring. I can barely keep up with the weeds. I did pick a few strawberries. Lots of stuff is coming up! I just love seeing the reward for all my effort. I have potatoes, tomatoes, onions, peas, green beans, peppers, cucumbers, watermelon, zucchini, squash, garlic, lettuce, cauliflower, cabbage, various herbs, strawberries, black berries, raspberries, rhubarb, and grapes. I still have more to plant! Wow now that I have typed all this out I feel like a crazy garden lady :) Oh well the taste of fresh food is worth it!

I added metal support rods "electric posts' around my tomato plants then tied it all together with string.
celebrate.gif
Okay, so maybe that's what I need to do for my tomatos! I'm so upset...the squirells have discovered they like my tomatos and I get so upset everyday to find my not fully ripe tomatos half eaten!
rant.gif
Now they have moved on to the green tomatos as well, so they aren't even getting the chance to start ripening! arrrggggg! I'm so mad, I can't stand it.

But to get back to the thread topic. I picked zuchinni, yellow squash, green beans and pickeling cucumbers. Beautiful veggies.

Okay, so maybe that's what I need to do for my tomatos! I'm so upset...the squirells have discovered they like my tomatos and I get so upset everyday to find my not fully ripe tomatos half eaten!
rant.gif
Now they have moved on to the green tomatos as well, so they aren't even getting the chance to start ripening! arrrggggg! I'm so mad, I can't stand it.

Ugh, squirrels are less cute to me than they used to be, just because they do this. My dad had a full on war with them last year. They'd sample all his tomatoes and throw them on the ground, then dig up his garlic and do the same thing. And what the squirrels didn't get, the deer ate. I told him he needs a greenhouse.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom