Wrath's Marans

Pics
You have to keep him! That's it, end of discussion 😉 Plus, if he happened to be dominant white, you'd get some awesome paint OE's 🤔
Well, there's a reason to keep him. I wonder what he would produce if he's not.

I need @Bantambird to confirm if he's dominant, tho. I thought she told me he was recessive but can't remember (need to write this down)
But I believe she culls all white in her program, so not sure what would come out of breeding him with the BBS Silvers also.

I need @Bantambird to confirm if he's dominant, tho. I thought she told me he was recessive but can't remember (need to write this down)
But I believe she culls all white in her program, so not sure what would come out of breeding him with the BBS Silvers also.
If he's recessive you get black birds that carry recessive white

If he's recessive you get black birds that carry recessive white
Gotta write this stuff down for sure. So if he's recessive, I can't use him. Got enough black birds with problems to add that to the mix. I'm pretty sure this the case in Bantambirds flock and the reason she's culling all white. I believe she said she hasn't found the main culprit yet...🤔

Thank you for this info...very helpful. I have more questions so prep yourself and pack a lunch..♥️

Gotta write this stuff down for sure. So if he's recessive, I can't use him. Got enough black birds with problems to add that to the mix. I'm pretty sure this the case in Bantambirds flock and the reason she's culling all white. I believe she said she hasn't found the main culprit yet...🤔

Thank you for this info...very helpful. I have more questions so prep yourself and pack a lunch..♥️
But... you can't break up besties!

All you need to do is... start a pet flock! Keep him, see, no problems.

Enablers I tell ya!! Your all enablers!!..🙂

Like I previously said, wifey has taken a shine to him so we'll see. If I could use him for paint OEs that's a plus.

But I don't want white in the BBS Silver flock. Got to follow Bantambirds standards here.
We're just here to write out what you're already wanting to do anyway, so really, it's just healthy support.

How about some Ermine genes to get dominant white? You'd have olive eggers, but how cool would paint OEs be!?!

Enablers I tell ya!! Your all enablers!!..🙂

Like I previously said, wifey has taken a shine to him so we'll see. If I could use him for paint OEs that's a plus.

But I don't want white in the BBS Silver flock. Got to follow Bantambirds standards here.

Decisions like these are a big part of why I haven’t committed to breeding to a standard. If I claim that I’m breeding towards a more colorful egg basket I don’t have to follow any rules. I do like the idea of SOP breeding eventually but for now I’m happy to just research the process and learn some things.

If I ever get serious about standard I’ll invest in some birds that are closer to standard. I do love the looks of Marans birds and eggs but after dealing with frost bite last winter pea combed olive Eggers with little to no wattles does feel like the easier path for now.

He is not dominant white, he is recessive white, unfortunately. He could be carrying blue, but you won't know unless you test mate.

Back
Top Bottom