Wrath's Marans

Pics
Lost Harmony to the corn the day before yesterday. I don't have a very recent pic of her but here's a couple. If you remember she was my 1st F2 here from Angel. This makes 2 pretty pullets I've lost this year.

Next year is soy beans thankfully but I've got to work on fencing in the property, I can't keep having these losses.
1711906201635.jpg
IMG_20240726_202649.jpg
IMG_20240906_115001.jpg

Lost Harmony to the corn the day before yesterday. I don't have a very recent pic of her but here's a couple. If you remember she was my 1st F2 here from Angel. This makes 2 pretty pullets I've lost this year.

Next year is soy beans thankfully but I've got to work on fencing in the property, I can't keep having these losses.
View attachment 3938187View attachment 3938191View attachment 3938193
Losses are awful, that's good you'll have a lower crop next year. I'm so sorry Wrath.

That’s too bad. Maybe you could plants some corn on your side of the fence to keep em from wandering.
Thanks, bud. It's just field (feed/cow) corn. And think they just like the cover or tall grass next to it. I let it grow instead of mowing so close thinking it would deter them but that didn't stop them. It's hard when I do head count at dusk, by then it's pitch black in the corn with black birds. 😕
17257351062165515810840773341524.jpg

Thanks, bud. It's just field (feed/cow) corn. And think they just like the cover or tall grass next to it. I let it grow instead of mowing so close thinking it would deter them but that didn't stop them. It's hard when I do head count at dusk, by then it's pitch black in the corn with black birds. 😕View attachment 3938420
Sorry to hear about Harmony. I’m surrounded by corn here as well. Mine haven’t been getting much free range time lately because they are always running straight to my garden. When I chase them out of the garden the tall corn is definitely choice number 2

A few weeks ago I heard the unmistakable yips and yaps of a pack of coyotes out in the corn. I haven’t let mine out unsupervised since. Even supervised free ranging has been almost none because I can’t see them all and those coyotes make me really nervous.

Back
Top Bottom