Wrath's Marans

I completely agree... Your explanations are super easy to understand. It may still confuse me but if I screenshot it to re-read usually I get it then.

And of course I also
have Black/Betty..👍

Bam-ba-lam 🤪

Black totally slipped my mind. I have just the one bird named Black Betty but I usually just call her Betty. I forgot yours was spread across two birds.

Black totally slipped my mind. I have just the one bird named Black Betty but I usually just call her Betty. I forgot yours was spread across two birds.
Betty was originally Black Betty also, but I just called her Betty. When Black hatched she didn't have a name and I banded her black and I just called her Black, with Yellow and Double yellow. Yellow went broody and hatched so I started calling her Momma.
Double Yellow has always been because she lays a super light egg with heavy calcium deposits every egg so she was a cull so I didn't name her.

So Black and Betty thru 2 birds just formed on its own really by leg band weirdness.

I built a room without a view. The 7 boys spent their first night in it last night. Lots to do yet like build poop boards and add a window and pop door. Needs lights and a few more tweaks here and there, but it frees up much more space in Kongs coop. This will double as the new brooder room or just a coop also as its connected to the Marans coop and run.
IMG_20240913_111807.jpg
IMG_20240913_111826.jpg
IMG_20240913_111851.jpg

Long winded Story Time...
I have an ad to sell 2 of the point of lay pullets that have darker eyes. Got a message from someone interested, considered them a pending sale. I get a second message for the same pullets. But this one is from a Dad who has chicken keeping daughters and they've been wanting BCMs for quite some time and if I had the 2 pullets still he would love to get them as a surprise for them. He asked about the Standard and they're egg color so I felt someone's been researching BCMs enough to know what questions to ask.

The only 2 other pullets I have at POL are Jessi (my only pullet from Joannie my darkest layer) who lays a very nice egg and Gloria (@2ndTink 😉) the 3rd pullet from Betty that has correct eyes and also lays a pretty nice egg darker than her Mom.
These were my 2 keepers besides Harmony who I lost a couple weeks back. I was keeping 1 pullet from Joannie, Betty and Angel until I could select thru them for breeders.

The wife duly notes that I must do what I feel is right by not selling my best breeders, BUT.... immediately follows up with that look.

So with all that here's Jessi...
IMG_20240916_184921.jpg
IMG_20240916_185832.jpg

And Gloria....
IMG_20240916_184402.jpg
IMG_20240916_185455.jpg

Dad was thrilled beyond when he picked them up and I hope they made a great surprise for a couple future chicken keepers. ♥️

Long winded Story Time...
I have an ad to sell 2 of the point of lay pullets that have darker eyes. Got a message from someone interested, considered them a pending sale. I get a second message for the same pullets. But this one is from a Dad who has chicken keeping daughters and they've been wanting BCMs for quite some time and if I had the 2 pullets still he would love to get them as a surprise for them. He asked about the Standard and they're egg color so I felt someone's been researching BCMs enough to know what questions to ask.

The only 2 other pullets I have at POL are Jessi (my only pullet from Joannie my darkest layer) who lays a very nice egg and Gloria (@2ndTink 😉) the 3rd pullet from Betty that has correct eyes and also lays a pretty nice egg darker than her Mom.
These were my 2 keepers besides Harmony who I lost a couple weeks back. I was keeping 1 pullet from Joannie, Betty and Angel until I could select thru them for breeders.

The wife duly notes that I must do what I feel is right by not selling my best breeders, BUT.... immediately follows up with that look.

So with all that here's Jessi...View attachment 3946544View attachment 3946543

And Gloria....View attachment 3946545View attachment 3946546

Dad was thrilled beyond when he picked them up and I hope they made a great surprise for a couple future chicken keepers. ♥️
Oh my, that's amazing what you did for those girls!!! Wonderful that he took the time to know what to look for too!

Jessi and Gloria are both looking great and the eggs are beautiful, I'm sure they are going to be well loved :hugs

This just means you MUST hatch some more chicks ASAP! How many broodies are you up to now? Or is it time to whip out the incubator!?!

Back
Top Bottom