Beaucoup Babies Incubator Comparison Easter HAL

Just candles all of them again. Removed a few more clears & one light blood ring. I won’t post specifics since there might be a contest with hatch numbers, but overall many of these eggs look good and are growing! A few are super dark so if I saw some blob like shadow or eye dot I left them in since I know it’s not a clear.

My broody is doing a good job as well, a very dedicated sitter. Her bestie, a Speckled Sussex, must jump in her box every day when she goes out to eat, because I have been finding one cream egg every day in the blue ones I gave her to sit on. She get a little upset when I lift her to check, but settles right back down when she realizes I left a pile of eggs for her. Very curious to see what kind of momma she is.
That is great on your broody! I have had 2 so far this year, one an April 2022 chick and one I hatched in July 2022 and both are/were NASTY!!! I need to put on gloves and be sure my arms are covered to touch them as the bite!!!! My girls that were broody last year were nice! Lol. My first broody broke. This one I am debating on seeing how she does protecting her nest and may give her some chicks that hatch from the eggs in the incubator.

Glad you still have lots doing good!!!

Today is day 14, and although I won’t spoil the Easter Hatching contest, I have about 90% of fertile eggs still going! A few questionable, but those super-dark speckled eggs are hard to see in so I left them as I think I saw veining & movement. I am still hand turning, but I remember reading somewhere that eggs don’t have to be turned after day 14. Will probably still turn those that need it until day 17. Fingers crossed that the rest go into lockdown on Tuesday! One week to go!

Today is day 14, and although I won’t spoil the Easter Hatching contest, I have about 90% of fertile eggs still going! A few questionable, but those super-dark speckled eggs are hard to see in so I left them as I think I saw veining & movement. I am still hand turning, but I remember reading somewhere that eggs don’t have to be turned after day 14. Will probably still turn those that need it until day 17. Fingers crossed that the rest go into lockdown on Tuesday! One week to go!
that is great they are doing so well!!!!!!!!! It is funny this time as I can't believe there is "only" a week or so left but then at the same time it feels like forever that they have been in...... Normally it just feels like forever but think having the chicks helps. LOL

that is great they are doing so well!!!!!!!!! It is funny this time as I can't believe there is "only" a week or so left but then at the same time it feels like forever that they have been in...... Normally it just feels like forever but think having the chicks helps. LOL
Thanks, I am excited, too! I have to have this batch finished and incubators cleaned out, as I have a new batch of 36 going in Monday evening. 😂 I’m not going to truly double-stack that batch, but I’ll put 24 in the 360 and 12 in the kebonnix. Assuming after clears/quitters each egg will have its own space for once! Hand turning two incubators 3 times a day has been a bit much!

Thanks, I am excited, too! I have to have this batch finished and incubators cleaned out, as I have a new batch of 36 going in Monday evening. 😂 I’m not going to truly double-stack that batch, but I’ll put 24 in the 360 and 12 in the kebonnix. Assuming after clears/quitters each egg will have its own space for once! Hand turning two incubators 3 times a day has been a bit much!
sounds like a good plan with only a couple of extras to make up for clears. :)

Tomorrow after work, Day 17, I am removing the turners and putting down shelf liner. I have a late night Tuesday, so this way I can just bump up humidity and start lockdown without all the moving & rearranging. Will probably candle to mark air cells tomorrow as well, so the air cell tilts are turned up for positioning! Can’t believe how fast this went! Day 21 starts Fri night, but I’m off Fri so I can stay up and peek on Thursday if there’s any action on Day 20! 😊

Tomorrow after work, Day 17, I am removing the turners and putting down shelf liner. I have a late night Tuesday, so this way I can just bump up humidity and start lockdown without all the moving & rearranging. Will probably candle to mark air cells tomorrow as well, so the air cell tilts are turned up for positioning! Can’t believe how fast this went! Day 21 starts Fri night, but I’m off Fri so I can stay up and peek on Thursday if there’s any action on Day 20! 😊
So nice to be off for hatch day so don't have to worry about being up late on day 20!!!!

No obvious quitters, so left them all in for lockdown tomorrow!

I did take one of the eggs from my broody, and put it in the Jumbl incubator. Left her three Legbar eggs. If there is no headspot, they should be girls, so I can let her keep one or two! (Headspot could be a boy or could be if my barred roo is the father.)

I decided to write the number/letter on the air cell this time, since last hatch I couldn’t always see the side with the label on it. Hopefully I can ID pipped eggs better this time!

No obvious quitters, so left them all in for lockdown tomorrow!

I did take one of the eggs from my broody, and put it in the Jumbl incubator. Left her three Legbar eggs. If there is no headspot, they should be girls, so I can let her keep one or two! (Headspot could be a boy or could be if my barred roo is the father.)

I decided to write the number/letter on the air cell this time, since last hatch I couldn’t always see the side with the label on it. Hopefully I can ID pipped eggs better this time!
so exciting!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it is almost time again!!!!!!!!!

Good idea on writing number/letter on air cells! I may have to take that idea! I can't believe my lockdown is in 2 days.

I saw on your other post some looked further along. I thought the same thing with mine so will be interesting to see what they look like in 2 days when I take out the turner and mark air cells.

Back
Top Bottom