Why it wouldn’t just go for the tasty peanut butter in the innocent looking grey device, I don’t know. I hate it when the drown. But am happy to be able to clean the counters again and have them stay that way. I am still going to put the hardware cloth over the opening. This wasn’t the first stove mouse and might not be the last.
Nightmare :(

I’ve been trying to figure out how to get papers for my emotional support goats. Arduinna would make a good service animal, you would be surprised at how many people didn’t even realize she wasn’t a dog until we would get up to potty from the local pub’s patio, and yes she Never once had an accident there! Jimmy is a bit more
Of a handful, I’m not sure that would go over as well. Heck I can’t even train him not to pee in the barn… boys 🙄. I’ve never considered trying that angle for the chickens too, how many emotional support animals can a person have? Is there a limit? Should I start taking Sammy with me to the pub and store too? Or should I try to train him to ride Jimmy? My uncle sent me a horse riding goat link the other day… lol

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/krestova-farm-goat-horse-friendship-1.6395627
Omg, that is such a beautiful friendship 💓😍♥️

I fear that as we enter our second week together my life with the Hooligans is entering an unfortunate new phase.

I was woken this morning by cries of distress. They are not based in my bedroom so to wake me from another room behind closed doors is LOUD.
This was not ‘peep peep’. This was ‘I am being murdered and need rescuing now’.

As I scramble to wake up and to untangle myself from bed my mind is racing. Did I not shut the door properly allowing a cat to get in? But even if a cat got in how would it get to the babies they are secure in their pop up tent? Did something fall over and crush them? Did the heater plate catch fire?
I get in there and it is Bernadette making all the noise. And why? Because the other two were crowded in the food bowl and in the pitch dark she couldn’t see how to get in.
When I turned on the light she saw an opening and squeezed in. And peace reigned in the land of the Hooligans.
Is it normal for them to be chowing down so much in the dark? I know Hattie has midnight snacks and mine often get up well before light to have pre-breakfast or to lay an egg, but I thought they were generally supposed to wake at dawn. There is no artificial light on in there at night.
Hooligans.
59260147-39EB-49AC-B2D9-6984D984F236.jpeg
C9EFF9D4-6FCE-44E2-987F-413FB9B7D3DD.jpeg

Last edited:
I fear that as we enter our second week together my life with the Hooligans is entering an unfortunate new phase.

I was woken this morning by cries of distress. They are not based in my bedroom so to wake me from another room behind closed doors is LOUD.

As I scramble to wake up and to untangle myself from bed my mind is racing. Did I not shut the door properly allowing a cat to get in? But even if a cat got in how would it get to the babies they are secure in their pop up tent? Did something fall over and crush them? Did the heater plate catch fire?
I get in there and it is Bernadette making all the noise. And why? Because the other two were crowded in the food bowl and in the pitch dark she couldn’t see how to get in.
When I turned on the light she saw an opening and squeezed in. And peace reigned in the land of the Hooligans.
Is it normal for them to be chowing down so much in the dark? I know Hattie has midnight snacks and mine often get up well before dark to have pre-breakfast or to lay an egg, but I thought they were generally supposed to wake at dawn. There is no artificial light on in there at night.
Hooligans.
View attachment 3044204View attachment 3044205
Welcome to parenthood.

Is it normal for them to be chowing down so much in the dark? I know Hattie has midnight snacks and mine often get up well before light to have pre-breakfast or to lay an egg, but I thought they were generally supposed to wake at dawn. There is no artificial light on in there at night.
Hooligans.
They are just adorable and worth all the scares 🤗:jumpy🐤🐥🐤🐥

Hooligans.
It is very normal for chicks to chow down throughout the night....think of human babies that start out feeding/nursing every 2 hours...then go to feeding/nursing roughly every 4 hours...then gradually go about 6 hours overnight...etc. 🐤🐣🐥

Back
Top Bottom