Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

My first hatch was a few weeks back and went south. I didn't calibrate it. Temp was reading 80ish on day 24 when I wondered why they weren't hatching. It was just a test hatch with my eggs so no lose really.

I'm setting eggs by this weekend and it'll be calibrated. I'm still worried about what humidity I should run still but we'll see how it goes. Fingers are crossed. 🙂
80?! That seems way off! Mine was between .5 and 1 degree off, so I bumped it to 100 and it seems like its holding well.

80?! That seems way off! Mine was between .5 and 1 degree off, so I bumped it to 100 and it seems like its holding well.
My bad, I searched my records and it was 90. End of January was estimated hatch day, still horrible temp.
Super newbie mistake not calibrating but the incubator was free, so there's that.
I'm gonna get it fired up in the next day or 2 and calibrate/monitor it for at least a day or 2 to make sure it's golden before I set eggs.

I've got 29 eggs collected from 3 of my BCM's so far but some are more than 2 weeks old so by this weekend I should be ready. Hopefully.....

I have three!! Only incubator I trust! Everything else has killed my eggs!!

Attachments

• 56461C4C-2575-4E3E-B945-F3AD5C58E5A2.jpeg
    56461C4C-2575-4E3E-B945-F3AD5C58E5A2.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 3
My first hatch was a few weeks back and went south. I didn't calibrate it. Temp was reading 80ish on day 24 when I wondered why they weren't hatching. It was just a test hatch with my eggs so no lose really.

I'm setting eggs by this weekend and it'll be calibrated. I'm still worried about what humidity I should run still but we'll see how it goes. Fingers are crossed. 🙂
What's your climate like humidity wise? If you have it on with no water in it what is the humidity showing?

What's a good cut off date for collecting eggs? I've heard 2 weeks.
I had eggs shipped to me last year and had to let them sit for 5 days until my current hatch finished and I cleaned the incubator and got it going again, out of 14 eggs, 11 hatched. The fresher the better, but I really think it's how you store them too. (I had mine in my closet, in an egg carton pointy side down)

What's your climate like humidity wise? If you have it on with no water in it what is the humidity showing?
Michigan... Outside 80% right now, today at 3pm will be 60%, furnace has been kicking on.
I need to check inside humidity level (I'm guessing it's dry with furnace) and humidity in incubator with no water and report back.

Eggs are stored in egg cartons (point down), in a mini fridge, in an unheated garage, with a lamp and low wattage bulb that keeps them fairly steady around 65 degrees.
Black Copper Marans eggs, not super dark, average around a 5 to 6 in color.

Thanks. 🙂

I had eggs shipped to me last year and had to let them sit for 5 days until my current hatch finished and I cleaned the incubator and got it going again, out of 14 eggs, 11 hatched. The fresher the better, but I really think it's how you store them too. (I had mine in my closet, in an egg carton pointy side down)
That's a great hatch rate for shipped eggs, you've got your incubation dialed in. 👍🙂

Michigan... Outside 80% right now, today at 3pm will be 60%, furnace has been kicking on.
I need to check inside humidity level (I'm guessing it's dry with furnace) and humidity in incubator with no water and report back.

Eggs are stored in egg cartons (point down), in a mini fridge, in an unheated garage, with a lamp and low wattage bulb that keeps them fairly steady around 65 degrees.
Black Copper Marans eggs, not super dark, average around a 5 to 6 in color.

Thanks. 🙂
I've never incubated Marans eggs, but I've read they require lower humidity because of the thick shell, you may want to confirm this in the BCM thread🤷

Back
Top Bottom