June duck egg hatch along

Out of 4 Muscovy eggs only one hatched. Wasn’t trying to have more ducks, but I forgot to get eggs for a few days and by then, development had started. The one that did hatch has splay leg and a somewhat clenched foot. Moms name is Lucky, so this one is Thirteen.
Seems to be doing better.
Brought to work today to keep an eye on.

Attachments

• IMG_6290.jpeg
    IMG_6290.jpeg
    426.8 KB · Views: 7
Out of 4 Muscovy eggs only one hatched. Wasn’t trying to have more ducks, but I forgot to get eggs for a few days and by them, development had started. The one that did hatch has splay leg and a somewhat clenched foot. Moms name is Lucky, so this one is Thirteen.
Seems to be doing better.
Brought to work today to keep an eye on.
So sweet and nice you could bring in to work! Hoping the little one does great!

Yay! Can’t wait to see them!
I’m hearing chirping and wiggles but no expansion on pip from Miss wrong end. I’ll have to look at my post to count the hours and see when I will intervene.
That’s exciting !!
Wrong end babies take 48-72 hours
If they made their own pip they can usually hatch too
If it was a bruise and you made a safety hole I wait at last 48 hours
My girl took over 50
At 48 hours I’ll take me candler and run it over the egg from the pip yo the air cell
I can usually see in to see veins
If still veins I wait 4-6 hours depending how thick they look and check again
I never open my egg more and more over time as this leaves yiy to dry membrane and constant care
Mine that get safety hole stay with that hole till hatch time
My safety holes are size of the tac pin
Then I don’t need to oil the membrane or bother the egg

That’s exciting !!
Wrong end babies take 48-72 hours
If they made their own pip they can usually hatch too
If it was a bruise and you made a safety hole I wait at last 48 hours
My girl took over 50
At 48 hours I’ll take me candler and run it over the egg from the pip yo the air cell
I can usually see in to see veins
If still veins I wait 4-6 hours depending how thick they look and check again
I never open my egg more and more over time as this leaves yiy to dry membrane and constant care
Mine that get safety hole stay with that hole till hatch time
My safety holes are size of the tac pin
Then I don’t need to oil the membrane or bother the egg
Thank you for replying!
No bruise and no safety hole made. Noticed pip at 9pm last night so I’m glad it seems I can safely wait.
I’m not sure if she broke through the membrane much but lots of wiggling so I’m wondering if she may be repositioning on her own.

Thank you for replying!
No bruise and no safety hole made. Noticed pip at 9pm last night so I’m glad it seems I can safely wait.
I’m not sure if she broke through the membrane much but lots of wiggling so I’m wondering if she may be repositioning on her own.
I had one do that this year
First time ever. Was in the wrong end and turned after
If you don’t feel the membrane was broken you can gently poke it being very careful but usually they do as they make the pip
We add the 24 hours of air cell time onto the hatch as they skipped the step but still need that time frame to absorb
If nothing from baby by 60 hours you can candle like I said and check for veins

I had one do that this year
First time ever. Was in the wrong end and turned after
If you don’t feel the membrane was broken you can gently poke it being very careful but usually they do as they make the pip
We add the 24 hours of air cell time onto the hatch as they skipped the step but still need that time frame to absorb
If nothing from baby by 60 hours you can candle like I said and check for veins
Thank you again. I will make note of times and plan my schedule :)

I know everyone knows it about this site but everyone is so helpful with their experience! So thankful ❤️

Quite the downpour here tonight!

Both eggs have hatched out within minutes of each other ❤️

My only intervention was to make a small hole in the membrane of the pip of my egg that pipped on the right end. One may have some leg splay. Will see how they do when up and about.

I will get pictures when they fluff up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom