Meyer Hatchery: A Raise A long (Black & Blue Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Easter Egger and Olive Eggers Galore)

Alright looks like we have possibly 2 roosters out of the bunch. And they threw in one I can't identify it's the light brown backed and yellow colored one. I'm thinking a Cinnamon Queen possibly?

Everyone was delivered alive and well (as well which is a huge positive)!
My one boy I ordered was leg banded from Meyers, Super cute chicks and glad they arrived safe and sound for you... 🙂
More pics as soon as you can.

I couldn't ask for 2 better boys and that's not just being bias towards the BCM's. (I've had 7 total over the years)
Very attentive to the hens, they do all the things roosters are suppose to... find treats, let them eat first, find lay spots, stands guard with them while they lay, will stand out in the rain waiting for them, all the good stuff.
They both are great in their own ways so it's hard to judge which one is better, but having them both from day olds I think they 'fed off each other's so to speak, so they both do the same things.
And even when I had King's son up to a year old he learned from dad so there is a plus to having multiple boys. He went to a good home (member from here) to oversee his own flock.
I could post pics if @Pumperkinz doesn't mind. I surely don't want to derail the new chickie thread by any means, but it might give an idea of Meyers quality to a degree with what I can add as far the faults I see in my birds and potential egg colors. But it's also key to note mine will be 3 in April so there's that. No guarantees with bird stock, quality changes of course.
You are completely fine to post all and any pictures!

I would actually love to see the meyer quality and make this an easy to browse through read on what they look like as they grow.

My one boy I ordered was leg banded from Meyers, Super cute chicks and glad they arrived safe and sound for you... 🙂
More pics as soon as you can.
I'll post some more tonight of all the different breeds specifically if I can get them to calm down. They are very excited to have heat/water/food lol. They haven't stopped sprinting from the food/water to the brooder plate.

Alright looks like we have possibly 2 roosters out of the bunch. And they threw in one I can't identify it's the light brown backed and yellow colored one. I'm thinking a Cinnamon Queen possibly?

Everyone was delivered alive and well (as well which is a huge positive)!
😍 Beautiful little fluffs!

Hi all starting this thread pre-emptively as I'll be getting my chicks in the next couple of days.

(Anxiously waiting on shipping to be updated as it's been 12+ hours with no movement lol). I know I need to be patient but I'm anxiety ridden cause shipping not being updated has happened on my other ones but the impatience on my part is unbearable.

Anyway here is the spread & breeds:

3 Black Copper Marans (1 Roo) (2 Hens)
2 Black Copper Marans (Hens)
2 Golden Cuckoo Marans (Hens)
4 Easter Eggers (Hens)
2 Black Ameraucana (Hens)
2 (Surprise/Meal Maker & Homestead Helper)

I'll try and get some pictures of each as we do and maybe try and do weekly updates depending on my work.
Did you order 3 or 5 BCM's?

This is Joannie. (Single purple leg band) She's my golden girl from Meyers. 3yrs old in April '24. She's head hen and my first broody and what a wonderful momma, I didn't think she was going to ever kick her babies out of the nest.
IMG_20231230_104538.jpg
IMG_20231230_103823.jpg
IMG_20240131_123952.jpg
IMG_20240103_124152.jpg

Your original post must have auto corrected, I'm guessing?
7 Marans.
3 Black, 2 Blue, 2 Cuckoo?

Edited to ask... Any leg banded?
Yeah this is correct.

The blue's were banded dark pink. I'm trying to find the blue bands. I might have to take them out of the stock tank indvidually and look at them. Plans to take them for group photos once I'm done w/ work.

I'm absolutely in love w/ all the Eggers. There is a solid grey one that has a little beard already that I know is going to be the personality of the flock lol.

Your boys before had a blue band im assuming right? @wrathsfarm

Back
Top Bottom