Meyer Hatchery: A Raise A long (Black & Blue Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Easter Egger and Olive Eggers Galore)

Yeah this is correct.

The blue's were banded dark pink. I'm trying to find the blue bands. I might have to take them out of the stock tank indvidually and look at them. Plans to take them for group photos once I'm done w/ work.

I'm absolutely in love w/ all the Eggers. There is a solid grey one that has a little beard already that I know is going to be the personality of the flock lol.

Your boys before had a blue band im assuming right? @wrathsfarm
Looking forward to seeing all your pics. I only have the one Easter Egger and my June hatch was 3 cockerels so I sold them. I need a few more for Olive Eggers. I'd like to get a few Fibros but they're pricey.
My boys aren't banded. I'll start banding any new boys I get in my spring test matings.

Looking forward to seeing all your pics. I only have the one Easter Egger and my June hatch was 3 cockerels so I sold them. I need a few more for Olive Eggers. I'd like to get a few Fibros but they're pricey.
My boys aren't banded. I'll start banding any new boys I get in my spring test matings.
I'll definitely keep you up with the olive eggers I got (assuming they actually have the right genes lol).

I really loved the fibro's apparently meyer's have a super bright green which reminded me of easter eggs.

I don't see a band on one of the BCM's for being a boy so imma have to see if they accidentally didn't give me a boy or if it's just further up the leg/me not seeing it just yet. (I wanted to get them in the brooder and all beaks dipped into water asap). It's a brisk 23 today so figured they appreciated the warmth.

I'll definitely keep you up with the olive eggers I got (assuming they actually have the right genes lol).

I really loved the fibro's apparently meyer's have a super bright green which reminded me of easter eggs.

I don't see a band on one of the BCM's for being a boy so imma have to see if they accidentally didn't give me a boy or if it's just further up the leg/me not seeing it just yet. (I wanted to get them in the brooder and all beaks dipped into water asap). It's a brisk 23 today so figured they appreciated the warmth.
Totally understand. If you don't see a band you could call them and ask. Maybe they don't band now anymore but that don't make too much sense for someone specifying a boy and wanting to identify it.
No rush tho for pics, keep the Littles warm and comfy for now.

Totally understand. If you don't see a band you could call them and ask. Maybe they don't band now anymore but that don't make too much sense for someone specifying a boy and wanting to identify it.
No rush tho for pics, keep the Littles warm and comfy for now.
Found this on their website :

https://meyerhatchery.zendesk.com/h...and-Identification-on-Hard-To-ID-Chick-Breeds

So it seems they still do and even inside the box it has it labeled it looks like. Yeah they are slowly getting settled so should be fine to be handled as no body first glance seems lethargic. (knock on some wood for me)

Here's Kong. He's my goober of the crew and spoiled ridiculous. I need to get a video of this dude in action. He was banded from Meyers.
He's massive. Short and chunky is what we're looking for in the SOP, being a dual purpose breed. His coloring is very good with no white according to the expert breeders in the Marans thread I frequent. He's a little over colored in the chest but he mates well with under colored hens. His other faults are he's narrow towards the rear (want wide all the way) and he's got a big comb. Comb is an easy fix, but body type and egg color is most important in breeding.
IMG_20231230_104344.jpg
IMG_20230701_130759.jpg
IMG_20231019_130913.jpg

Here's Kong. He's my goober of the crew and spoiled ridiculous. I need to get a video of this dude in action. He was banded from Meyers.
He's massive. Short and chunky is what we're looking for in the SOP, being a dual purpose breed. His coloring is very good with no white according to the expert breeders in the Marans thread I frequent. He's a little over colored in the chest but he mates well with under colored hens. His other faults are he's narrow towards the rear (want wide all the way) and he's got a big comb. Comb is an easy fix, but body type and egg color is most important in breeding.
View attachment 3737760View attachment 3737765View attachment 3737762
I attached my Wheaten Marans Roo (Montero). He was an excellent roo. Little bit aggressive but loved his hens and notable I had great success hatching his offspring 98% hatch rate over 500 eggs. To the right you can see Tam Tam she had very little copper on her neck but really great color eggs and very sweet. The other one at the door is Rebecca a welsummer and she was the nosey one of the bunch.

Will definitely say I miss him and hope to have half as good of a roo as he was.

Attachments

• Montero.png
    Montero.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 27
I attached my Wheaten Marans Roo (Montero). He was an excellent roo. Little bit aggressive but loved his hens and notable I had great success hatching his offspring 98% hatch rate over 500 eggs. To the right you can see Tam Tam she had very little copper on her neck but really great color eggs and very sweet. The other one at the door is Rebecca a welsummer and she was the nosey one of the bunch.

Will definitely say I miss him and hope to have half as good of a roo as he was.
He was a good looking boy. You should visit the Marans thread. Lots of great members there that know way more than I. If you want to really get serious start at page 1 and read thru. It's a world of info there, I'm reading thru it a second time now taking notes and screen shots
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ng-to-the-sop.1122465/page-2334#post-27463036

Did some digging through all the babies. The lovely grey one in my hand is one of the EE/Olive Eggers (very sweet) and social. The one I'm holding for the black ones I believe is the rooster but I've double checked up and down and do not see a blue band and the only ones banded in this batch were the blue copper marans. So I'll contact Meyer tomorrow to see if it's uncommon for them to not band roosters anymore. Or if it was a mistake/they were out of the BCM roos at the time I got mine. The ones in the black tub huddled around are all the BCM's and the Ameracaunas and one EE I believe. Surprisingly they are very similar but thankfully it looks like all the marans are feather footed as I have three that are.

I'll post some more once it's settled down a bit. But they are all doing well no splayed legs/crossbeak that I can tell and everyone seems to be up/active and no backwards walking.

When do people generally put in their roosts for the chickens to get used to after a week or so?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 23
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 19
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 19

Back