Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Scroll back a little to see some pics. I also have double doors. I left the big heavy duty horse stall doors on the outside and a wire door (see pic of white malay roo) on the inside. I close the heavy doors at night and open before going to work. That way they have plenty of light during the day and I can lock them up at night.
How far scroll back to see your birds ?
You have very good ideas !!

anytime you want to send more pics we will be happy to see .

Thanks ,
Shannon

I have a couple of these pens out in the field. usually just keep a rooster or pair at most. These are easy to slide around so they get fresh grass. usually put them out in these when I break up my brood pens for season.

Outside pic of barn with brood pens.

awww yes i see very nice ......... grass is good for birds especially breeders and growing .
Love to see more pics anytime .
Thanks

Do you have access to a tractor ?

I have moved mine with my 25 hp lawn tractor/mower (lol) but it worked as long as it's not to wet .

Best to you ,
Shannon

I just have a 14 Hp lawn tractor/mower and I don't have a lot of open places in my yard. It is a tropical jungle. I have banana trees and other plants everywhere in my yard. The birds, frogs and salamanders love it. I even have palm trees growing in TN.

They do at times. All the Cockerels I have now have been hatched this year and are now just turning on and starting fights. I am going to have to put some kind of divider between the pens so the cockerels can't see each other and fight through the wire. They have already had several bloody combs because of fights through the wire. I had some 3ft metal screens in my large pens so my Asils could not fight through the wire but I took them down when I put my bantams in the pen. I am going to have to put them back in there.
gotcha.

When I build large pens, I always provide 2' wide strip between 2 large pens. This was they cannot fight but sure they can see each other and keep moving actively all day. Plus I convert the 2' wide strip to a narrow pen and I put a hen or some young chicks in there. This will motivate the roosters to move around all day. Ya'll can see the one I am building now in the Coops and Pens section.

My favorite Ko Shamo pullet of 2013, as of today. She has competition but her head structure, stout beak and wing carriage is what I have been aiming for the last few years.

My favorite Ko Shamo pullet of 2013, as of today. She has competition but her head structure, stout beak and wing carriage is what I have been aiming for the last few years.

She looks Great! Your birds are what I am going to strive to breed for. Your birds are Great Quality Birds! I am just getting started with Ko Shamos But I finally have a start on these great little birds. My Ko Shamo pullet layed her first egg yesterday so hopefully it won't be long before I will have some eggs in the incubator. I know they are pullet eggs and won't hatch good but I am still going to give it a chance and try anyway.

Back
Top Bottom