Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I don't. I think there are easily 50 wheaten. Suzann entered 51 Ko's herself, I'm sure they are not all wheaten, but I'm sure a good chunk of them are. Plus the 30 birds not exhibited by either of you. We just happened to stop by Bridget's place today, so I asked.

I think y'all have done a great job getting this meet together. Congrats to you all. Now, I hope all goes well and the breed gets the recommend. You have all worked very hard.

Well it looks as if everything is on track for the meet. They will be judged by Heather Hayes of Canada. she raises them, so she should do well judging them. I beleive that if they are accepted their popularity will surpass Polish and Cornish in the AOCCL class. This show will probably be the place to buy Ko's in the western states. I expect the quality to be very good and if Suzann is showing 50 she probably going to sell some of them. In any event if you are in the Stockton area of CA opn 1/25/14 try to make it to this show. The AOSB class at this show is usually well over 100 birds too, so it is the place to see Oriental breeds.

Walt

today's morning all eggs was hatched of my asil hen and oriental stag, all six eggs was successfully hatched. they all are looks so beautiful but they are very small in size. pictures attached of all chicks and parents.

I have 11 of the Ko Shamo x Asil bantam Modern mix chicks right now. 2 cockerels and 8 pullets. I am going to croos the pullets back to the Ko Shamo roosters this spring. They are 4 months old right now. I will most likely sell them next fall when I am done breeding from them. I don't have any picures of them right now but I will take some this week and post them. I swapped those Asil x Modern pullets today and put them in with a Ko Shamo x Tuzo cockerel. I put some different Asil bantams in with the Ko Shamo cockerel to breed to.

Here are some pictures of the pullets from the Ko Shamo x bantam Asil Modern cross. Had to bring them in because of the Arctic Blast that was coming through so I took a few pics of them.

Here are some pictures of the pullets from the Ko Shamo x bantam Asil Modern cross. Had to bring them in because of the Arctic Blast that was coming through so I took a few pics of them.

The odd thing to this mating is the cockerel was wheaten and all the pullets were blue laced and dun laced. None of the pullets came out blue or dun. As you can see 3 came out a wheaten pattern and the rest a dark partridge pattern. I cockerel did come out blue wheaten. I am crossing these back to my dun Ko Shamo cockerel and maybe get some chocolate out of them.
Mark

nice pics mark. look a lot like mine do. got a bunch of black colored ones and some are starting to get that partridge color aswell.

hope I can make it to the meet on the 25th. sounds like a bunch of kos gonna b there

Back
Top Bottom