Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I
Has anyone with oriental games seen broody behavior in the cocks / stags. My American Games do it predictably when managed in particular ways. I am trying to see how wide spread the behavior is. It does not appear to come from Red Jungle Fowl side so either it is from the small amount of grey jungle fowl or came about through the domestication process.
I had oriental roosters in the past that help take care of chicks- feeding and keeping the chicks warm and protecting them when he sense danger

I would like to share some photos of my Magnificent Tiny Birds: Ko Shamo
The birds pictured below are the progeny of: "Walt Leonard, fowlman01", birds. All the birds shown are pullets and stags, and the mature adults are not displayed in the photos posted.
I love chickens of all breeds, but, nothing can compare to Game Birds' beauty, intelligence, as well as idiosyncrasies. I am infatuated, and in awe of the Game Birds : )

Blue Wheaton Pullet

White and Blue Wheaton Pullet

White Stag

Wheaton, White, and Blue Wheaten pullets

Wheaten Stag

Wheaten Stag

Evening meal

Pullets

Blue Wheaten pullet on my drafting table : )

Last edited:
The little guy is hideous, put him in a box and I'll feed it for you. Lol. Very nice. Are the tuzo asil or a breed in itself? I really like the compact look of them.

Back
Top Bottom