Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

They are not bleeding from the vent. They have diarrhea. They are bleeding from where the other chickens pecked at their vents. From what I see there is no blood in their stool.
OK I thought you saw blood on vent and didn't know where it came from And u just figured they were picking each other, welll thats clear now so check on the pellets u are giving them maybe that's causing diarrhea and they're dying because of dehydration. Are the ones you have now still with diarrhea? If yes give them pedialyte so they won't dehydrate. What color is their poop?

OK I thought you saw blood on vent and didn't know where it came from And u just figured they were picking each other, welll thats clear now so check on the pellets u are giving them maybe that's causing diarrhea and they're dying because of dehydration. Are the ones you have now still with diarrhea? If yes give them pedialyte so they won't dehydrate. What color is their poop?

I just started giving them the laying mash two weeks ago. The symptoms started just before I gave them that. I was feeding them scratch grains them. I only have two showing signs of diarrhea right now and it is green and white. So far I have been putting Red Cell and Corid in their water.

I just started giving them the laying mash two weeks ago. The symptoms started just before I gave them that. I was feeding them scratch grains them. I only have two showing signs of diarrhea right now and it is green and white. So far I have been putting Red Cell and Corid in their water.

Scratch grain does not have enough protein by itself. When chickens don't have enough protein they will start to cannibalize each other. Pecking at vents etc.

Walt

Yes, they are laying right now, that is why I started giving them laying mash.
It might have been mentioned already ........ but have you Wormed them ? ..... with a good wormer and then again 10-15 days later . On most wormers i would do each time '2 to 3 days in a row" with each individual . Some good wormers (imo) = vabazeen , safeguard , telmin , nemex (puppy wormer)(i never worry about over worming with common sense as under-worming just give the worms immunity) , there a few more i can't think of right now ..... i would not use ivomec now but later on .

Also they might need spraying with "Adams flea & tick spray" blue bottle ..... this is for mites , feather mites & lice .

Seperation from the general population is very good .... and applying the blue coat liquid or spray on raw areas .

You've gotten good info from these group members on meds that are essential also and probably needed right away .
I worm and medicate at same time .

I've used and really like "Imodium" (advanced) anti-diarrhea for humans with them .(it's good stuff)

I'm not a vet nor do i play one on tv ..... these are just things i've tried , heard and read about .

Wishing you the best with your birds .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom