Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Anyone? Anything?

Tbh usually all oriental birds are friendly around people.. U may get a man fighter once in a long time but usually doesn't happen. It depends what your looking for depending on size, structure, and bloodlines.... O Shamo are usually very tall slim birds.. Then the aseel is also a big breed with thick body type.. Talking which is more game depends on what kind of game u plan for... Talkin bloodline is usually what color the birds are, size, structure, and usual fighting style. To do more research yea u can learn from the net, but u need to get information from different breeders that r willing to help u learn more about the breeds and bloodlines they may have. U may want O Shamo and aseel now, but a little more talk with different breeders u may prefer a Thai, Asil, Ganoi, Saigon, Shamo, Brazilian and etc instead.. Good luck with your search.

I have some pullets that I'm letting go, due to room and chicks about to hatch.
If your interested PM me, Thank you

Burmese X Brazil X Asil pullet for sale $160 includes shipping and handling

Asil/Brazil Pullet for sale $200 shipped includes shipping and handling

I have some pullets that I'm letting go, due to room and chicks about to hatch.
If your interested PM me, Thank you

Asil/Brazil Pullet for sale $200 shipped includes shipping and handling
1st, 2nd, and 4th pullets pending payment

Tbh usually all oriental birds are friendly around people.. U may get a man fighter once in a long time but usually doesn't happen. It depends what your looking for depending on size, structure, and bloodlines.... O Shamo are usually very tall slim birds.. Then the aseel is also a big breed with thick body type.. Talking which is more game depends on what kind of game u plan for... Talkin bloodline is usually what color the birds are, size, structure, and usual fighting style. To do more research yea u can learn from the net, but u need to get information from different breeders that r willing to help u learn more about the breeds and bloodlines they may have. U may want O Shamo and aseel now, but a little more talk with different breeders u may prefer a Thai, Asil, Ganoi, Saigon, Shamo, Brazilian and etc instead.. Good luck with your search.
I have a hard time finding human social birds although that's what all the breeders and research told me oriental temperament should be. I have had to work hard to produce my own human social birds. When I first got into orientals I was expecting confident human social birds but the first birds I got acted more like pheasants than what I read orientals temperament should be like. I was disappointed and after acquiring birds from many different breeders I gave up on expecting birds to be human social.

For easy human interaction, bribe them with scratch feed as a treat. I feed laying pellets, but when I give scratch, my free range hens & pullets will eat out of my hand, some even flying to my shoulder when I am standing. When I sit down, they are on my lap, on both shoulders and head, swarmed! I pick each one up and rub their ears. The young stags are a little more leary, but they get over it when they see the girls getting all the scratch.
That may sound like "starvation behavior" but not so, as I fill a feeder with pellets every morning, and there is still some in when I feed the cocks in the evening. And these birds were very nervous when first purchased. As you said, like pheasants. They just love that scratch feed! And ear rubs. lol

For easy human interaction, bribe them with scratch feed as a treat.  I feed laying pellets, but when I give scratch, my free range hens & pullets will eat out of my hand, some even flying to my shoulder when I am standing.  When I sit down, they are on my lap, on both shoulders and head, swarmed!  I pick each one up and rub their ears.  The young stags are a little more leary, but they get over it when they see the girls getting all the scratch.
That may sound like "starvation behavior" but not so, as I fill a feeder with pellets every morning, and there is still some in when I feed the cocks in the evening.  And these birds were very nervous when first purchased.  As you said, like pheasants.  They just love that scratch feed!  And ear rubs. lol

Try using live mealworms for the same purpose. Mine give a very different response to those and I can carry a special signal / container that lets them now I have what they really like. I can get response out of birds using mealworms even when crops close to full.

I have a hard time finding human social birds although that's what all the breeders and research told me oriental temperament should be. I have had to work hard to produce my own human social birds. When I first got into orientals I was expecting confident human social birds but the first birds I got acted more like pheasants than what I read orientals temperament should be like. I was disappointed and after acquiring birds from many different breeders I gave up on expecting birds to be human social. 

U have to have time and touch/hold your birds around, so that they are familiar with you. I coop up my birds and let the young one free range. If your birds are free it's harder to be social with them, but like someone said up there. If u feed them, they'll probably be familiar with u and not be as wild.

Back
Top Bottom