Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I have 3 gamefowl (all Roos) and it's funny because I don't really care what they breed with, but every year my 2nd best male breeds with my grey junglefowl and makes the most beautiful chicks. They're (female) coral color with white and light grey spots. And the (male chicks) are black with white and grey spots. The chicks grow up to slender, great layers, a little skittish, but the Roos are pretty quiet but have a great voice. I have 3 junglefowl Roos also, and one tends to mate with my big red hen who is called Kitty. No pure junglefowl for me :(

I have 3 gamefowl (all Roos) and it's funny because I don't really care what they breed with, but every year my 2nd best male breeds with my grey junglefowl and makes the most beautiful chicks. They're (female) coral color with white and light grey spots. And the (male chicks) are black with white and grey spots. The chicks grow up to slender, great layers, a little skittish, but the Roos are pretty quiet but have a great voice. I have 3 junglefowl Roos also, and one tends to mate with my big red hen who is called Kitty. No pure junglefowl for me
sad.png
You have grey and red jungle fowl? You have pictures of these birds. I'd really like to see some of the hybrids you have.

I thought this was an interesting cross. 1/2 O Shamo 1/2 Sumatra. Couldn't figure out what she was for the longest time because I thought my Sumatra cock was too scared of the big boys to ever get any hens. Guess he managed to at some point though.

I thought this was an interesting cross. 1/2 O Shamo 1/2 Sumatra. Couldn't figure out what she was for the longest time because I thought my Sumatra cock was too scared of the big boys to ever get any hens. Guess he managed to at some point though.
I free range hens and rotate out cocks ... so have to make determination of parentage after the chicks start to reach maturity.

Back
Top Bottom