Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

For a second, I though you built a special bridge/roost for the baby to sleep; but now it's more like a scale. I don't recommend for the Oriental youngsters to sleep on any roosts, the floor is the best for supporting their bones.

I only keep track of the weights when they are 7-8 mos because each of them will grow up differently. Some will be bigger when young but ending up smaller than others; different bloodlines will end up differently for sure. When at 8-11 mo, they are about opt out of the height growth, then I measure their weight to estimate the cock size (2 yrs old). Normally my Thai stag, if weighing 7:02 at 10 month will cock out at 8:00; my ganoi if weighing at 7:10, will become 9:00 when fully mature.

Yes that is just a perch on the scale
And that's what I noticed when I first bred them last year with the exception of one bird that grew more and kept bigger then the others
At 2 months old he was on the 1800s (grams) wile the others were in the 1300 to 1600g

For a second, I though you built a special bridge/roost for the baby to sleep; but now it's more like a scale. I don't recommend for the Oriental youngsters to sleep on any roosts, the floor is the best for supporting their bones.

I only keep track of the weights when they are 7-8 mos because each of them will grow up differently. Some will be bigger when young but ending up smaller than others; different bloodlines will end up differently for sure. When at 8-11 mo, they are about opt out of the height growth, then I measure their weight to estimate the cock size (2 yrs old). Normally my Thai stag, if weighing 7:02 at 10 month will cock out at 8:00; my ganoi if weighing at 7:10, will become 9:00 when fully mature.

Back
Top Bottom