Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

On the Tuzo I have been trying to understand what older material I can find on them along the lines of description... so far two articles is what I have.

Leg color is listed as pink with the grey or dark or even all black genetics and yellow seems sort of controversial?

Pink would be the white gene yes? Which would be unusual on Japanese fowl it seems to me... anyone more knowledgeable on this whole best legs thing or typical Japanese breeds legs can you help?

I get Pearl-Yellow eyes best on this breed.

It seems to me Nankins and Kinpa look closest to the Tuzo as far as current Japanese breeds.

Also body type seems to vary by preference. I am assuming a lot of Asil blood may have been added in European lines. But the descriptions I have found do compare it more to the Asil than Shamos.

I am looking for articles and early photos of this breed to get a better idea of what the early examples looked like.

The current whites what genotype? Is it dominate or recessive white or maybe both?

Thanks Guys.
big_smile.png

On the Tuzo I have been trying to understand what older material I can find on them along the lines of description... so far two articles is what I have.

Leg color is listed as pink with the grey or dark or even all black genetics and yellow seems sort of controversial?

Pink would be the white gene yes? Which would be unusual on Japanese fowl it seems to me... anyone more knowledgeable on this whole best legs thing or typical Japanese breeds legs can you help?

I get Pearl-Yellow eyes best on this breed.

It seems to me Nankins and Kinpa look closest to the Tuzo as far as current Japanese breeds.

Also body type seems to vary by preference. I am assuming a lot of Asil blood may have been added in European lines. But the descriptions I have found do compare it more to the Asil than Shamos.

I am looking for articles and early photos of this breed to get a better idea of what the early examples looked like. 

The current whites what genotype? Is it dominate or recessive white or maybe both?

Thanks Guys. :D

here's some info from the professionals haha

http://www.asilclub.spruz.com/forums/?page=post&id=58186A2F-32F8-4962-B1F7-1DF7D5173A84

Back
Top Bottom