Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I found a link to a good documentary clip that was filmed for television in Vietnam. Cho Lach is a small town in South Vietnam that still proudly breeds many of the traditional Ga Noi Cua, competing well in the old postiza day. Today, many Viet folks mixed with American Game to create battle cross for gaff competition.

Enjoy this clip

0.jpg

This cock was sold to me as pure Ga Noi. Until this current discussion, I was thinking maybe he was too heavily feathered to be pure. Perhaps with Sumatra influence. Maybe that guy wasn't lying...lol
The second picture down shows his height best. The tin is 28 inches, and he is standing below it in a shallow drainage ditch. He is solid jet black with no red.

This cock was sold to me as pure Ga Noi. Until this current discussion, I was thinking maybe he was too heavily feathered to be pure. Perhaps with Sumatra influence. Maybe that guy wasn't lying...lol The second picture down shows his height best. The tin is 28 inches, and he is standing below it in a shallow drainage ditch. He is solid jet black with no red.
thai or tuzo mix thai don't you think? Maybe a pama is really young but is a gorgeous bird

Last edited:
I am in search of a thai or a ganoi hen that looks like this one. I stole this picture off the internet. I would like a decent bloodline. Please let me know if you have one. Would like to have only thai or ganoi. I would like it around november.

Here is a picture of a Ga Noi Cua, raised in South Vietnam, I borrowed the pix from ganoi.com And here are 2 Ga Noi Don raised in Central Vietnam. These are my pictures, taken last month. The Black one is a 3 yr brood cock. The red one is a 1.5 yr with feather trimmed.
Is Ga Cua the same as Ga Tre? My viet FB friends post pics of those type a lot but call them Ga Tre but I never see them call them Ga Noi Tre. Same place I got the info I post about Ga Noi

No, these are 2 different meanings, different things here.

Cua = Spur so any chicken using weapon or spur can be called Ga Cua. So Ga Noi Cua is a Ga Cua; also American Gamecock used for the same competition is called Ga Cua too.

However, there are 2 types of birds by breeds here, Ga Noi and Ga Tre. In general, Ga Noi is a type of Oriental breed, so the tail is low. Ga Tre in general refer to Bantam type, whether it is real Bantam or larger size of Gamecock, so the tail is ways up. Thus , there is never a Ga Noi Tre :) (as we don't call an American Game as Oriental) ... Hope you got it

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom