Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Just curious, what is your goal for this crossing?

I've only got a pair of Ga Noi and a (unfortunately rather small) Shamo at the moment and I'd like to get more Oriental type games. Not that I don't like my AGF, the Orientals are just my favorites. I also want to put my Ga Noi cock over one of my AGF hens and breed the offspring from this cross and the other back to the Ga Noi cock.

I've only got a pair of Ga Noi and a (unfortunately rather small) Shamo at the moment and I'd like to get more Oriental type games. Not that I don't like my AGF, the Orientals are just my favorites. I also want to put my Ga Noi cock over one of my AGF hens and breed the offspring from this cross and the other back to the Ga Noi cock.
Good idea. Adding American blood will add some nice feathering and agility to a powerful breed.

I really want to add some oriental blood to an experimental AGF line I have.

There are several oriental fowl fanciers on here, I am sure they will join in. I am fairly new to orientals, but very much enamored by them. I am working on brazilians myself. They are a breed that was created and perfected quite a while back. They are a combination of Shamo, Thai and Spanish Fowl. Some have Asil in them as well. I am very small time with them, keeping a dozen or so at the moment.

Some young ones from this year.
herbs_two.JPG

white_gold.JPG

white_gold2.JPG

black_white2.JPG

blue_red.JPG

golden21.JPG

A couple young ones I picked up this year, for next year.

cuzz2.JPG

buzz5.JPG

A few adult breeders.
golden2.JPG

Last years pullet. I will get better pics of her later, she is a little rough from the breeding pen at the moment.
golden_stag.JPG

Last years stag. Going to use him next year.

Here is a bird that isnt mine. I used him for a short time, he belongs to a friend from Arkansas.
Braz_Stag2.JPG

Question: How much do Brazilians weigh? I had thought them to be on the smaller end due to the Spanish blood. However recently an acquaintance bought some and they were huge. In fact, when he first took the stag out of the box, I would have said Thai, due to head, size & weight and length of leg. It was only 6 months old, but I would guess it would hit 8 lbs. Anyways, just curious...

Depends on the line, they are mostly the big shamo type birds though. There are smaller, asil type lines from brazil too. The most common is the bigger ones it seems.

Back
Top Bottom