Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

I know most are staying at home, so all the more reason to venture into some new eggs , chicks or adult Malays. I bought a few Malays from a local, which I am sure are from hatchery stock. Just love them. Looking to move on to bigger and better stock. I live in Ohio. Any idea where I can get Malays, eggs, chicks or adults, View attachment 2058765within a couple hundred miles or so?
I’m in Michigan and would like “real” malay too.
Hi - I am certain this had been covered in this thread, but I can't find it.

I am curious about when Malay and O Shamo reach the point of lay?

Look up https://www.chickendanz.com/ I'll edit in his BYC name in a moment. @chicken danz I still will be wanting eggs from you next year once I reduce my silkie populations or build a new coop. Additionally, could you provide some pictures of the Malay enclosures so I can get gestating on what I will want to build out. Also, Malay "going down on their knees" at 12-16 weeks is from to much protein in the diet right, or just a myth?

Oriental Game Fowl are hatching, two healthy chicks so far... and one that is definitely not doing well. This is the Asil/Thai
F96FD13E-61B0-422A-8066-228E366F3B4F.jpeg

Well I looked at all the Oriental eggs that did not hatch, a good number were yolk messes... but 5 were fully developed beautiful chicks... I think we had a humidity issue during lock down, it’s the only thing that makes sense. On a happy note of the six Ayam eggs we incubated 5 hatched and number 6 was yolk... so no developed chick died in the egg. Sadly the chick I thought was undersized of the Orientals died... but I have two healthy chicks so excited about these Thai mixes.

Back
Top Bottom