Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

On what subject?
Hi @cubalaya the topic that I brought up about PBA on page 666 post 5 I figured you might have the inside information about how they made this line (PBA) and what it took to get the parrot beak and long tail with more details on page 666 5th post thnks for responding to my request for your help

@cubalaya
This is the post I was referring to

I am really intrigued on some of the oriental lines out there with this crazy look and want to own one of these breeds eventually that have this trait but not sure which breed to look for yet so I have been reading up as much as I can to figure out witch breed or line will have what I’m looking for I know one breed would be the Asil / long tail parrot beak asil line but I’ve seen other lines out there that even have a crazierlook to them that I like just can’t figure out what breed or line it is because it’s always in a different language I’ve tried to ask the breeders or owners the breed or line on Instagram or Facebook but can’t get a straight answer because of the language barrier I will include a picture of what I’m talking about in particular below and have a lot to ask about in regards to the long tail PBA Parrot beak asil like how they made this breed of chicken/ bird like what breeds were used for the characteristic pheno I’m seeing like their strawberry / Cushion comb it’s not like any comb iv seen and cant seem to find anything like it I only find something similar but not the same in the Yokohama or the Chantecler and the parrot beak shape it’s not the same as other asil I know the others are short yes but not this shape Iv read about vitamin deficiency Causing this and the images look very similar but I read that a lot of them die in the egg and I think this is more of a characteristic that maybe passed on from the parents and not from deficiency but may have been originally but would love to hear what information you guys have on the topic

What would this comb shape be called ?

What breeds were used to create the parrot beak shape ?or where did it come from originally?

What breed did they use to create the long tail ? Was it a onigadori? Yokohama, or Phoenix line from Japan?

Iv asks some breeders from Bangladesh and some from India and they said it (PBA)was a new breed that has only been around for about 25 years and no body know what breeds / how they made this breed
I have spoken to a Indian breeder that is in the country that said it is impossible to remake and is from India only yes I know before you say it it can not be shipped because of strict rules on bringing in birds from certain country

Pics are not mine but show what I’m talking about both are parrot beak asil but one is the long tail parrot beak if you can’t tell it’s the one with the crazy looking comb

Attachments

• A61080C1-FF79-4090-960D-2CB3A3CB11D4.png
    A61080C1-FF79-4090-960D-2CB3A3CB11D4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • F23F55D4-2F91-41A3-9A72-E01073DE5EB8.png
    F23F55D4-2F91-41A3-9A72-E01073DE5EB8.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • B042BA64-A3E2-4C55-8FE7-2FA7C1022A4E.png
    B042BA64-A3E2-4C55-8FE7-2FA7C1022A4E.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
All I know is they are from India and none in US as of yet. I dont think i would want them
Why is that is it just not your style of bird you like I’m surprised you didn’t have more information no worries thnks for responding o guess I’ll keep looking for that one person on here that dose have the information I’m looking for

I can help with genetics, I just don't have experience with PBA
You have been a great help so far and I like your opinion & approach to achieving this type of look or pheno expression these birds have and that’s exactly what I’m looking for in a answer given in this thread and not just
Giving up because it’s not here in this country or because you don’t like the line I hope I didn’t offend you @cubalaya with my response I just imagined you would have a lot more to say in regards to this breed/line and was caught off guard how do you seem so educated with your previous post on game fowl specially oriental to not have any information to share but like you said in your post there not your thing and you would not get one so I guess that enough for you not to research them and have a good answer to my question that make sense. I hope to put the fire underneath this Conversation and stir the pot to make this a hot topic and bring in more people that maybe follow some of the older members I’ll be tagging to make it more relevant on this forum Because I know somebody out there has to have information on it

Anyway thnk you for your help so far @nicalandia I think there’s some people that get more interested and motivated to do something when others say it can’t be done and that’s how I feel about this line of PBA I will find a way to either recreate a similar look on a different breed or the same breed with a different line or find a way for this bird to be shipped in to the states let it be a chick or eggs I am in direct contact with some Indian PBA breeders right now and they say it can be shipped to Mexico and then brought to California just not directly to the USA/Cali
So I’m starting to think there is a way soon just have to figure the logistics out and that makes me think that there may be PBA in California allready just not talked about do to restriction and laws on these birds from india 🇮🇳 And may just be being hidden by true chicken fanciers they are a ornamental breed of a cock fighting breed and not dead game hear so no one would’ve seen them in any pits they cost to much and are to hard to get here to be fighting them and potentially have them die I will ask my HMONG Thai Famliy friends that I know if any groups of Game fowl collectors have anything similar that may lead to a key on finding them here if they are in the states or maybe some of my Hispanic friends that are exotic and rare game collectors since they are in direct contact with their family that are in different countries I will keep you updated with any information that may lead me one step closer to ether re-creating this line or Accessing this line directly pls keep me updated if you run in to any good information regarding the history or lines that were used to create this PBA line pls thnk you for all your help and for sharing your thoughts @nicalandia &
@MysteryChicken

You have been a great help so far and I like your opinion & approach to achieving this type of look or pheno expression these birds have and that’s exactly what I’m looking for in a answer given in this thread and not just
Giving up because it’s not here in this country or because you don’t like the line I hope I didn’t offend you @cubalaya with my response I just imagined you would have a lot more to say in regards to this breed/line and was caught off guard how do you seem so educated with your previous post on game fowl specially oriental to not have any information to share but like you said in your post there not your thing and you would not get one so I guess that enough for you not to research them and have a good answer to my question that make sense. I hope to put the fire underneath this Conversation and stir the pot to make this a hot topic and bring in more people that maybe follow some of the older members I’ll be tagging to make it more relevant on this forum Because I know somebody out there has to have information on it

Anyway thnk you for your help so far @nicalandia I think there’s some people that get more interested and motivated to do something when others say it can’t be done and that’s how I feel about this line of PBA I will find a way to either recreate a similar look on a different breed or the same breed with a different line or find a way for this bird to be shipped in to the states let it be a chick or eggs I am in direct contact with some Indian PBA breeders right now and they say it can be shipped to Mexico and then brought to California just not directly to the USA/Cali
So I’m starting to think there is a way soon just have to figure the logistics out and that makes me think that there may be PBA in California allready just not talked about do to restriction and laws on these birds from india 🇮🇳 And may just be being hidden by true chicken fanciers they are a ornamental breed of a cock fighting breed and not dead game hear so no one would’ve seen them in any pits they cost to much and are to hard to get here to be fighting them and potentially have them die I will ask my HMONG Thai Famliy friends that I know if any groups of Game fowl collectors have anything similar that may lead to a key on finding them here if they are in the states or maybe some of my Hispanic friends that are exotic and rare game collectors since they are in direct contact with their family that are in different countries I will keep you updated with any information that may lead me one step closer to ether re-creating this line or Accessing this line directly pls keep me updated if you run in to any good information regarding the history or lines that were used to create this PBA line pls thnk you for all your help and for sharing your thoughts @nicalandia &
@MysteryChicken
You're welcome.

I have heard that in Mexico, Equador and Brazil they have it. So don't give up just yet, it's like me, I have been waiting to get my hands on them as well.
Are you in the USA 🇺🇸 ? If not were if you don’t mind me asking pls thnks that’s great to know I figured I couldn’t be the only person on this forum that loves how this line looks I’ll be posting some conversations iv had via online platforms like Instagram and so one and phone via text regarding the PBA line I hope there interesting and maybe funny

Are you in the USA 🇺🇸 ? If not were if you don’t mind me asking pls thnks that’s great to know I figured I couldn’t be the only person on this forum that loves how this line looks I’ll be posting some conversations iv had via online platforms like Instagram and so one and phone via text regarding the PBA line I hope there interesting and maybe funny
I am From Nicaragua, but I was raised in the USA from 13 to 23, I am 40 now, but I have been helping out here for the last 12 years. You will find that a very few people here are passionate about anything.

If you are looking for a scientific answer based on facts, this thread is the least of places where to find it, The Game and Oriental Game side of poultry keeping is full of hearsay on how a line was created, therefore, unless the breeder makes a conscious decision to go beyond what he was told and learns about genetics he will not fully understand what his birds are actually made out of.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom