Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

John Bettencourt strain..... he is 6#. Some of these develop huge heads...very much like a
Cornish. They all have a short beak.

Here is a 3yo cock w/hen and baby. He has developed a lot of red/brown in the hackle.

Walt
I had one of Johns hens, til a predator took her. He has some really nice fowl. Pakistani blood that he paid a fortune for, as did I. My hen threw some cocks over 6 lbs when crossed with my Rampuri, which are all under 6. They all tend to flesh up in the face as they mature, even to the point to where they couldn't see well. Until that time, they were world beaters. Very fine birds. Yours looks really good for 3 years. The red in the hackle is normal and hard to breed out. Nearly impossible, as a matter of fact. Congrats on obtaining such fine Asils. If you see John, tell him Hi from Paul in FL. I recently moved to GA and lost his phone number in the move. Thanks.......Pop

I had one of Johns hens, til a predator took her. He has some really nice fowl. Pakistani blood that he paid a fortune for, as did I. My hen threw some cocks over 6 lbs when crossed with my Rampuri, which are all under 6. They all tend to flesh up in the face as they mature, even to the point to where they couldn't see well. Until that time, they were world beaters. Very fine birds. Yours looks really good for 3 years. The red in the hackle is normal and hard to breed out. Nearly impossible, as a matter of fact. Congrats on obtaining such fine Asils. If you see John, tell him Hi from Paul in FL. I recently moved to GA and lost his phone number in the move. Thanks.......Pop

I am making some progress with eliminating the red. It is never a problem in the females. John claims he got a male from Sonny and Sonny says no, but these have the heads of Sonny's birds. John keeps changing his phone number, so who knows how to get in contact with him these days. I got the original stock from Suzann Chung here in CA a few years ago...I think John gives her his new number every time he changes it. I have extra females, but I can't ship anything from here. I have had some males go over 6lbs in the third year, but most stay around 6#.

Walt

Last edited:
IMG503.jpg

IMG501.jpg

IMG504.jpg

Vietnamese aseel (GA NOI) they were great birds my friend brought them for me to see since I asked him last time for big aseels . I DIDN'T BUY THEM COS
I'M LOOKING FOR kulang ASEEL MAYBE NEXT WEEK I POST PICTURE OF A NEW PAIR ,I'M GETTING FROM ONE OF MY FRIENDS.

Good looking birds! I thought they looked familiar!

I am making some progress with eliminating the red. It is never a problem in the females. John claims he got a male from Sonny and Sonny says no, but these have the heads of Sonny's birds. John keeps changing his phone number, so who knows how to get in contact with him these days. I got the original stock from Suzann Chung here in CA a few years ago...I think John gives her his new number every time he changes it. I have extra females, but I can't ship anything from here. I have had some males go over 6lbs in the third year, but most stay around 6#.

Walt
Yes, the hens are always black with black legs. Red hackles and sometimes even a few saddle feathers, are common in the cocks. Stags are usually all black, until maturity. If John has some of Sonny's blood, That could explain why your bird has a clean face. John mentioned that only the "purest of the pure" cocks in his line, have the fleshy faces at maturity. Any outside blood tends to clear it up. It could be blood from another line, but John always kept good records. His health could be a problem these days, though.
Have you talked with saladin? He and a few others are attempting to breed pure black Asils to be recognized for the APA standard book. Don't know how he's comming with it, but you guys should have a lot in common. Good luck breeding the red out........Pop

Back
Top Bottom