Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Walt, those Shamos are beauties. Kinda in your corner on the size, if you're gonna have big birds, go for it. Ya might hafta build your own show pens, lol. I like the looks of Gallo's Brazilians also. As I said before, I had to get rid of all my other orientals, both Shamo and Brazilians, to make room for my Asil breeding program. All my fowl have been pit bred instead of show, but I sure appriciate a fine looker.......Pop

Walt, those Shamos are beauties. Kinda in your corner on the size, if you're gonna have big birds, go for it. Ya might hafta build your own show pens, lol. I like the looks of Gallo's Brazilians also. As I said before, I had to get rid of all my other orientals, both Shamo and Brazilians, to make room for my Asil breeding program. All my fowl have been pit bred instead of show, but I sure appriciate a fine looker.......Pop

Thanks Pop.

w.

so does everyone think that that famed oriental personality in the asil varies from one size to the other? or is it pretty consistent between strains?

Last edited:
Fowlessed I agree with GG
The only one I'm not familiar with is the atkinson aseel
Maybe because h he is too young .
He looks to slim for my taste .
God luck

Here is a pic of an Atkinson Asil. It's not mine
file.php

Compare that to the craigslist pic.
I'm just naturally leery of craigslist when it comes to "pure".

That bird is not an atkinson, it is a spud cross. I know the owner of this bird, and have seen it in person.

I started looking into getting my dd a few bantams for her 5th birthday so she can also use them in 4H. But man am I glad im starting cause I am having a hard time finding bantam polish other than the black ones. Also what breeds does everyone think would be good with that little of a childed? I was thinking silkies but what else?

There are probably better places than this thread to ask that question. But, cochins are very good. Actually, most of the heavy bantams (good quality) tend to not be flighty and should be great.

Back
Top Bottom